HI! Introducing myself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI! Introducing myself!

I'm Stephanie, 42 years old. I was diagnosed seven months ago. I'm married, have three sons, 21, 16 and 14. I work full time outside my home. Have two cats and two dogs. I'm completely stressed out most of the time whether or not I should be, I guess I just worry about the next thing that hasn't happened yet. I struggle with my symptoms daily...good days and bad days...balance and coordination, memory, depression, cognitive problems, numbness, pain in my thighs, and extreme fatigue....work is really becoming a challenge sometimes. I joined to find others that have the same problems I do because it is so easy to feel like your in this alone. Thank you!

Hi Stephanie: My name is Lisa. I am also 42, with 2 kids, adults. 24 and 22. I understand why you are stressed, you have a lot going on! Try not to stress about the future, it will keep, you have enough to worry about for today. It took me a while to learn that, but once I did boy did it save me a bunch of space in my brain! I really just try to make today better, for me, my husband and my kids. Turns out, it works for my MS just the same. If I try to be healthy, eat healthy, work out (to the extent I can), take care of myself-sleep when I need to, take my DMD (Tysabri), I do well for myself and others.

If work is getting too much for you, you may want to talk with your doctor about preparing for disability. It is not as bad as it seems, but the timing is up to you and depends on your spouses income.

Anyway, again welcome to MS World, check out all of our message boards, ask and answer questions. Also, check out our Chat rooms!

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Comment

Hi Stephanie

Welcome! Great advice...don't waste your time worrying about 'what might be'...live your life to the fullest, eat right and try to stay in shape....you'll feel so much better

take care ..I can trace my sxs back 40 years..
        Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Working...
        X