Hello Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone

I am so happy I found MS world. I have not been diagnosed with MS but I suspect I may have it. I will finally have an appointment with a Neurologist the end of Oct.

I was officially diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2010 although I believe I first started noticing something wrong 15 years prior to this. After moving from OH to FL in 2009 I had a very bad flare up. Over the next few years my Fibro. progressed. This is when I started seeing a Rheum. and I got the official DX. She also suspected Sjogrens as well. It wasn't until another move the beginning of this year back up north to IL that I started thinking this is something different than Fibro. I had a really bad flare that was very different than anything I had experienced. Of course it started the weekend before I started a new job. Ugh! I had intense heat from what I can only think is coming from my nerves. I felt like my joints were inflamed and swollen but they didn't look swollen. I had overall intense itching with prickly tingling and also felt almost chilled at the same time. My arms and legs feel so weak when it is really flared up. At times it would be all over or would be isolated to one area but would move around. I would feel it on one side of my head and I would get a headache and then it would travel to my shoulder, then my mid section, and then my hips. Sooo weird! This lasted for about a 1 1/2 months. I still get the nerve pain but it not as bad as it was. I've been recently having a lot of tingling in my lips and tongue and my eyelids feel weird like they are swollen but they aren't.

So after establishing a new Rheum. and after 5 months of him telling me it's just my Fibro. pain, he finally really listened to my symptoms and has referred me to a Neur. to rule out "neuropathy". I am currently taking only Neurontin but I am having a hard time taking it during the day while I work. I also take Baclofen at night if I'm in a lot of muscle pain.

So I'm looking forward to Oct. and hoping the Neur. doc is good and really listens to my concerns. Again I am thankful for finding this site. It is nice to know I am not alone in this although sometimes it feels that way.

Liz

Welcome to MS World Liz! The good news is in reading your post is that it doesn't sound like MS. The other good news is that you are going to see your neurologist so they can figure out what is causing your symptoms. Sometimes fibro can cause some tingling when it is not under control, so hopefully they can help assess you and get your pain under control, because hard tingling, or tingling at all is nerve pain.

I am glad you are here, look around, ask questions, check out our chat rooms.

Let us know how your appointment goes, OK?

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Thanks Lisa! I'll keep you updated on my visit. I'm hoping it is just my Fibro.

Comment

Working...
      X