Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you forgotten what life was like without MS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still remember what life was like prior to MS (hope to always hold on to some of those memories). That life is now just a memory, although I still hold out hope in my lifetime those with MS can be "fixed." In the meantime, I try to make the most of each day. It can be hard, but beats the alternative.

It's been a 17 year journey since my first symptom, and it hasn't been full of rainbows and sunshine. I've definitely struggled with my illness. There's so much I always thought I'd be able to do with my life, although the absolute hardest has been that my children have to deal with a sick mom so much of their lives. Doesn't help that our finances have been affected, either. Not only with the expense of this illness, but that I had to go on disability very early on in my career.

I think the hardest part of a chronic illness/ debilitating injury is knowing what you lost. You wouldn't be able to compare notes, so to speak, if you were never healthy.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I find these posts vey sad. And scary.

Comment

Originally posted by venice View Post
        I find these posts vey sad. And scary.
        And very truthful.
        Without hope there's nothing.

Comment

Never forgotten~

I was 50 when dx'd 19 yrs ago. I seem to feel the chasm that has been created between 'normal' and now, even more acutely as time goes by.

I have RRMS (supposedly) but it sure feels worse. Lately my symptoms are worse than I ever remember them being and I find myself much shorter in patience, with little or no optimism, just a kind of resignation.

I'm still on my feet, but struggling. I try to join in things but it is really not easy and sometimes ends badly. I'm not feeling very upbeat, but I don't mean to discourage people. My MS is 'my' MS. I own it and really no two people with MS are alike.

I do feel that my MS has worsened after beginning a DMD 3 years ago. For some people it works; for some not so much.

Diane
          You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Originally posted by DianeD View Post
            I was 50 when dx'd 19 yrs ago. I seem to feel the chasm that has been created between 'normal' and now, even more acutely as time goes by.

I have RRMS (supposedly) but it sure feels worse. Lately my symptoms are worse than I ever remember them being and I find myself much shorter in patience, with little or no optimism, just a kind of resignation.

I'm still on my feet, but struggling. I try to join in things but it is really not easy and sometimes ends badly. I'm not feeling very upbeat, but I don't mean to discourage people. My MS is 'my' MS. I own it and really no two people with MS are alike.

I do feel that my MS has worsened after beginning a DMD 3 years ago. For some people it works; for some not so much.

Diane
            It's encouraging to hear that somebody is still on their feet after 19 years of MS.
            Without hope there's nothing.

Comment

Working...
            X