Howdy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy!

I'm a 45.33 year old who is happily married, living smack dab in the middle of the contiguous United States. We have no kids, but we enjoy multiple pet rocks. Generally, I'm ready to tackle the world...between naps. If you know the Myers-Brigg Personality Test, you'll know what I mean when I say I'm mostly INTP, sometimes INTJ, and fairly often ISTP. What never seems to change between tests is that I'm 100% introverted (except online), and I'm a thinker.

Currently, I'm in a position where I can pursue a freelance writing career as well as dabble in visual arts. I love to paint and craft, but my main passion is sculpture. Maybe someday, I'll have enough sculptures made I can "take the show on the road."

For exercise, I like to walk/hike, do tai chi and yoga, and bicycle. The hobby/interests list would be way too long to put here, since I know it would fatigue your eyes and my typing fingers.

I arrived here through the "Band Against MS" website, which I found because I read Clay Walker's "Jesus Was a Country Boy." I read it because I have "probable" m.s. that turned into "most likely" m.s. [Yup, drifting off in "limbo land" at the moment.] Plus, I live in the country, I'm a Christian, and I like the idea that Jesus was a country boy.

So, instead of showing up to the party and shouting, "Here I am" ('introduce yourself' posts like this kind of feel like that), I will tell you that when I came to this forum, my first thought was, "Hey! There y'all are!" So, "howdy." I'm anxious to learn about each of you. Now, I feel I can comment on everyone else's threads without people going, "Who the heck is that, and why are we keeping her?" Well...maybe that won't be your first thought now anyway.

Hi and welcome to the boards. I am sorry you are in this MS boat. Or 'probably' are in this boat. I hope to hear from you, as you post more frequently. Good luck

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome, King JerryD! Whether it turns out to be a certainty or I remain in limbo or it is something else, I'll probably stick around here. I care about several who do have it for certain, and I've researched it for 20+ years now anyway. So, I'm an advocate/activist no matter what path my future takes. See you around!

Comment

HELLO

WELCOME TO THE BOAT OR NOT THE BOAT.
          IM 40 AND DX JUST OVER 30 DAY AGO. i HAVE HAD ALOT OF ISSUES WITH THE MS IN THE SHORT TIME.

I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR POSTS.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome messages, misslux and JanG1360! Sorry you're in this m.s. boat and having problems, but still thankful for the company. I think we'll arrive at Cure Island within our lifetimes!

Comment

Come on in

Welcome aboard. Or at least at the door. I too reside in the middle of America and and found myself to be INTJ (years ago, wonder if it's the same now). Happily married, 49.99, no kids either. Nice to hear from you.
              Be well.

Comment

Welcome Yogi! I'm new also

Comment

Hey, ajmarsh, [fist bump] to a peer from "the Great American Desert." Thanks for the welcome. My hubby is an INTJ as well. I look forward to reading more of your posts out in the wilds of the message boards.

Hi, lizardg356. Sorry you and everyone else have in common what we do, but glad to have a place where we can all gather. Welcome to you, too!

Comment

Working...
                  X