Newbie here :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here :)

Hi I'm a newbie, this is my first day on MSWorld.

I am Tiffany, 29 years old, live in Louisville Ky., & was diagnosed RRMS this past March.

I started with symptoms almost 4 years, the worst of it happening in the past year or so. Kept having real bad spells of dizziness and kept getting diagnosed with vertigo and labrynthitis.
    Finally got a cat scan last June, where a couple of spots were seen and I was told to get an MRI. Being a poor girl with no insurance and only having a doctor at a "free" clinic, it took me 6 months to get a referral for the MRI. After the MRI(the spots had went up to 12) it took another 5 months to get the diagnosis and that only happened because I had a bad relapse that landed me in the ER, where I had another MRI, 4 days of steroids, and was diagnosed.

Since getting out of the hospital I did a ton of research, started going to a Neurologist, started Rebif, and still learning how to get use to this new life that has been given to me.

On the none medical side - I love music, movies, & books more than most people a.k.a I am a nerd and proud of it :P I am raising my 5 year old nephew, and want to start learning sign language soon.

I will now go venture around and see what else is on here

WELCOME

Hi, Tiffany great to have you with us but the reason really stinks. You sound like you have a great attitude and that will go a long way fighting the MonSter. Well you came to the right place, tons of experience here so feel free to ask anything because we do truly get it. Once again welcome aboard.
    PEACE
    Tortis

Comment

Hello Tiffany. You will find lots of people here that will be able to answer any questions you have. I am also an avid reader.
      Diagnosed: May 2013
      Device: Cane
      MEDS: Tecfidera

Comment

Welcome! this is a great place!!
        dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Welcome Tiffany! You sound like a great person and I am so sorry for your diagnosis. I am new here too and scared to death.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by locorabbit View Post
            Welcome Tiffany! You sound like a great person and I am so sorry for your diagnosis. I am new here too and scared to death.
            Brian
            Yeah it is super scary, but so far being positive, taking it a day at a time, and having loving & supportive people around me, has been what's gotten me through so far

Comment

Tiffany,
              I agree completely. I have been amazed by people pulling form me and being supportive and encouraging and praying for me. It means a lot and makes a difference.

Originally posted by Tiffany502 View Post
              Yeah it is super scary, but so far being positive, taking it a day at a time, and having loving & supportive people around me, has been what's gotten me through so far

Comment

Working...
              X