Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chest pain?

Hi everyone
    I have a queston? is it possible for someone to think they are having a heart attack but it be the M.S. hug ? i have pain around my chest under my breast .A few times in the er but no heart attack I feel so dumb ! can anyone help me? Do they have this ?

Crayon

If you were in the ER, I supposed they've ruled out heart issues?

Once they've ruled that out, then it could be the hug, could be costochondritis (not linked to MS, just something some folks get), could be spasticity, etc.

Tell you neuro about it, and see what he thinks.

When I get the hug, or pain like you're describing, I find that a heating pad (I use the Bed Buddy type of microwaveable heating pad) placed between my shoulder blades seems to help.

Stretches sometimes help too.

Hope you figure it out.

P.S. You're not dumb for asking about a symptom

Comment

Hi,

I recently went to the ER cause I had severe chest pain..I thought I was having a heart attack..to be honest I thought it was the end for me cause it was soooo strong.

Chest pain lasted a good 40 min, with sweating!

ER kept me in for 24hours to monitor my heart..also had an eeg, and a CT scan...nothing came up.

But my D-Dimers (blood work) where slightly elevated...so it had them worried cause I have a blood clot already in pelvis(not serious enough to take meds)

When I talked to my fam doc...he said anytime I have that severe pain to go to ER even if the first time did not have any answers. He was very serious with me and told me not to take it lightly.

My rheumy seemed interested also and has asked for the stress test results that I had done a week after ER.

Going to see my neuro in a couple weeks...doesn't hurt to tell.

I have had weird pain that wrapped around my torso..felt like I was being squeezed by a python...I always shrugged it of has severe muscle spasm...it usually lasts all day ( need to sleep it off)...no meds that I have at home (robaxacet) worked!

I may tell neuro about those events too.

I will listen to doc and return to ER if it happens again.

Did docs give you any ideas as to what it was???

Minnie76
      (in limbo since Jan 2012)

Comment

Chest Pain

If you feel dumb, then I must be a moron! I went to the hospital more than once (prior to my diagnosis) and I have the $5,000+ hospital bill to prove it!
        So to answer your question...no, sweetie, you should not feel dumb for one moment. It is a scary feeling when you've never experienced anything like that before, and it's ALWAYS a good idea to head to the hospital when your chest is screaming at you...

Comment

Thank you

Thanks all for your help, answered some questions i had.
          thought i was loosing it for a while ! er dr did the same thing over night stay and all, but all was well.
          I have been having this for a while yr's ago comes and goes
          it did scare the heck out of me the last time i went to the er .
          Wondering if i need a new DR you would think my head was spinning all the way round the way he looks at me !sometimes I have to laugh to keep from crying.I guess we all do. thanks for all your post everyone. made me feel better

Comment

Did they check to see if youhave gallstones? I thought I was having heart problems in December 2012 and when they did a ct, they found the gallstones which resulted in having my gallbladder removed.

Comment

I cannot count the e/r visits and doctor visits I've had due to this HUG. Now I found out I have bulging discs in my back that can be causing this chest pain too. So, I don't know exactly where to turn. Tried PT which helped at the time. But can't go there more than once according to Medicare. So I am trying water aerobics and working a little at the YMCA. My first time in the water wore me out. Guess I should have just done half the class to start. And I can only barely work the machines at the Y.

Anyway, the neuro says it's HUG, the other docs think it's the back problems. Who knows?
              Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I've had chest pain enough to send me to an ER for the first time in my life....(moron, here too, former ER worker)...I was having difficulty breathing with it. My chest would get so tight I could not 'suck' air in, very well. Finally, after a dx of M.S. a different hospital ER Doc explained MS Hugs to me.

Fortunately, a kind member here explained it to me.

Chest pain can come in all sorts of ways, never take it for granite. The best thing to do is go to the ER and make sure.
                There is no sure way of "knowing" for sure.

Peace of Mind is better than Forest Lawn. fed

Comment

I've had the chest pain and trouble breathing. The first time I said something to my nero he told me to see my family Dr. Went to family Dr and she had me go in for stress test and also to see the Lung Dr. Everything checked out ok. After reading treads on here I realized it was the hug.

I got a Baclofin Pump back in march, was told it probably wouldn't do anything for the hug, but they put the cath. as far up in the spine about C4 as they could. It has relieved about 70% of the hug. So that was a bonus I wasn't expecting.

Comment

yes, I have been to the er as well. I have had this pain for almost 3 weeks now. I just went to nuero yesterday and he believes it is the HUG. Changes my meds uppped nuerontin and zanaflex. Had some relief not gone but better than the last 3 weeks.

Good Luck!!
                    DIAGNOSED=2012
                    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
                    REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Working...
                    X