How long does your flushing last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does your flushing last?

OK, so I started Tec 6 weeks ago. I had an allergic reaction to Tysabri on my second dose so after the big decision to try that, I wasn't too thrilled to be back to the drawing boards.

Overall, Tec makes me feel ok. I have had no real GI issues so I was happy, I was really expecting some of that.

But, I've had flushing since day 1. It isn't predictable. At first it lasted maybe 15-20 minutes. Well, its been steadily increasing in length and severity. Now, I flush from head to toe and it lasts almost 2 hours. My face turns completely red and my body is red and splotchy.

My family says its noticeably more severe now, like, I'm a deeper red color. When these more severe episodes have happened at work, everyone who sees me panics!

I've tried to take baby aspirin, benadryl, eat a filling meal with some fat. Because its not getting any better, my neuro wants me to stop and consider something else.

Additionally, I'm not only hot feelings but I'm so very itchy and prickly feeling all over.

How long do your flushing symptoms last? Have the changed over time? I'm just wondering how normal or abnormal my reaction is compared to others?!
    Symptoms Oct 2009, Dx Feb 2010. betaseron 2/10-2/12. Copaxone 3/12- present.

I have my flashing lasing for about 30 minutes the most. Not really taking any medicines like aspirin due to allergic reactions to any NSAIDs. I guess it is not too long. It is weird it comes out sometimes after couple hours of taking Tecfedera.

Comment

Flushing was for sure my stand out side effect. It changed for me each week. The second and third week probably the worst. But, even at its worst, it was tolerable. One week was pretty uncomfortable with a hive like reaction on my arms and sunburn like feeling on my face and scalp. Flushing ranged from 1 hour or so at first to little to none now at 7-8 weeks in. It usually wouldn't start until about 3 hours after i took my pill as well.

So sorry to hear that it doesn't seem to be alleviating

I am sure you have tried everything but I know that I did much better when I ate something like eggs or toast and yogurt with a smoothie in the morning and then after dinner at night. Letting my food sit for 30 mins before taking my pill.
      dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Comment

I think it is a great idea to log when you take pill and how related to flushing. I take mine 2/3 thru meal. other folks are different.

I sometimes feel a little warm like maybe I am flushing, but then I look in mirror and no flushing. I am apx 4 mths in.

Comment

Working...
        X