Tecfedera does it bring out ms symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfedera does it bring out ms symptoms

I started tec and have been having problems with side effects that act like ms and a lot of other issues that have been talked about in these other threads.

Does that mean I have had other ms symptoms and didn't know about them or new flare ups And the med tec brought them out? The only symptom that was bothersome before tec was ON, now I have balance, vertigo, cognitive, fatigue.

And how long does this last before it goes away. Any one know or is it depend on the person?

Please help!
    Peaches

Peaches4 - you should probably reach out to your neuro to let them know you are experiencing new symptoms. They could be related to the Tec as a side effect, or maybe your MS is acting up symptomatically because of a rise in body temperature if you are experiencing flushing, or possibly a flare. Obviously, something your neuro is best suited to determine.

If it is due to something related to the Tec, for me, my rise in symptoms subsided when my flushing started to go away around the 4th week. I still get it from time to time. But, from what I can gather, it is pretty different for everyone.

Hope you feel better!
    dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Comment

Same Boat

I am in the same boat. I feel terrible on TEC, very much like MS symptoms. I have fatigue, muscle weakness, and my brain is like mush. I talked to the pharmacist this morning from my insurance and they said none of the sleepiness, muscle fatigue, etc are reported side affects. Which my neuro also said, but I am with you. I haven't had active symptoms in 4 1/2 yrs and had an MRI just before I started with no active legions.

I am positive it is from the TEC. I have been on it for 7 weeks and the last 3 have been the worst. I thought last week it might be getting better but yesterday and today have been bad. I have a call in to my neuro to talk about options.

Comment

Working...
      X