A Good Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ggnutsc View Post
    I am in my second week of the higher dosage of Tec... The first week of 120mg dose I had no recognizable problems. The first week of the higher dose I had a little loose stool for about one day, and then that seemed to aggravate my diverticulitis and I ended up actually constipated and feeling poorly for a couple of days...

It was short lived and I loaded up on fiber and now I'm all good. Since then it's been smooth sailing and I have to say other than a little mid-day fatigue,(which I can't positively attribute to the Tec) I am pretty much as good as I've been.

I was on Rebif until Feb and stopped it when we found it was not really working. I felt a lot better after getting off of it... Going on the Tec has largely been a non-event, and I must say it's better for me than the Rebif... Time will tell, but I think it's the med for me...

For the record I took my first dose on June 1st.
    That is GREAT to hear. I have been on REBIF ever since it came out.... I am going on TEC this Wednesday and after reading some of these posts I have been afraid to try it. But I am tired of the shots and the depression/flu symptoms from Rebif. So I am hoping that my body will tolerate Tec! Thank you for you post.

Comment

yay!

Its only been two days but i feel great! none of the icky stuff I read about.I tested neg for the JC virus so that was a load off.If my white count behaves I will never jab a needle in my body again (hopefully anyway)
      Best of luck everyone!
      D
      Blessed be
      Diane

Comment

I am on day 6 of Tec. Little to no side effects encountered so far! A very slight flushing a couple of times. Today I have had a little stomach cramping/gas, but really can't say it's from Tec or simply effects of something I ate yesterday!

So far so good for me and I LOVE no daily injections!!

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you to those of you who have responded positively about Tec. I needed to hear this!

Tec and I were BFFs until Day 20 when all hell broke loose. I've stopped med for now and will begin again in a couple of weeks (after Vacay). Plan to amp up much more slowly this next time. I should b able to hang longer w side effects just knowing that they HAVE gone away for some of you.

Thank you again for the hope!

Love you guys! Laura
          Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
          Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

I am happy to be on my 3rd bottle of Tecfidera. I've had a decent amount of flushing, but overall I am tolerating Tecfidera better than other medications. I simply take my medication with breakfast and dinner and go about my day. Pills are immensely better than stabbing yourself even on a weekly basis.

I see the neurologist next month and she'll be thrilled that I am doing so well on Tecfidera. I remain hopeful that Tecfidera can slow the progression and allow me more time to recovery from my last flare. This is already the longest span of time I've remained out of the hospital since summer of 2011.

Comment

That is great, Marco!

PLEASE keep us all posted on your progress and any tips!

I received my "starter kit" of 120 and 240 yesterday. I plan on taking the plunge next week as I will be off from work. I am nervous but no more than when I started taking Avonex.
              RRMS 10/07 Avonex 2/08 Tecfidera 7/13

Comment

I love this thread!

I am so happy for all of you that are doing well. I will be starting July 16th.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Gylenia is doing it's work now for me.

Cymbalta is the greatest thingh that ever happen to me since I got sick. Now I don't even take a nap and it helps with my pains.

Sinergix + Tafirol are great for pain, just eat something so you don't get a stomach ache.

Comment

Thank you for the positive feedback. I postponed starting Tec for a month cause I read all the negative comments.

I was scared to start - I had to work, it was Father's Day, my relatives were coming, we had a 10 day vacation.... the cat had to go to the vet!!! Excuses!

Took low dose starter pill today and plan on having this work!!!!

Comment

I also love this thread... it is what helped me swallow my first pill! We had to go away for the week-end and it was SOOOO nice not to have to worry about keeping meds cool, and carry all the stuff you need to carry when injecting. I just had my little travel case of Tech. So nice!

Had flushing the first day and nothing sense.. so far so good for me! I am so happy to be needle free.

Comment

I'm in my third month, and as long as I take 75mg of Zantac (I get generic at Costco and split the 150mg pill), I have no side effects at all most days. Before Zantac I had a burning sensation in my stomach, but now nothing. No other gastric issues either--no nausea, diarrhea, nothing. I've had horrible side effects on Copaxone, Rebif, Avonex, and Aubagio, so this is a pleasant surprise!

I flush a smidge every few pills, but it's one ear turning red and hot for 10 minutes, and really isn't a big deal at all. That's the only side effect I ever notice.

So far so good!

Comment

Just switched from Rebif - so far, so good

Originally posted by MSer View Post
                          I have been on REBIF ever since it came out.... I am going on TEC this Wednesday and after reading some of these posts I have been afraid to try it. But I am tired of the shots and the depression/flu symptoms from Rebif.
                          I have also noticed a significant difference in my mood since I stopped Rebif. I was on Rebif for about 6 years, and I don't think I realized how down I was feeling until I stopped the shots. I could always blame those feelings on other stressors in my life - work, relationships, etc. I feel so much better since I stopped taking Rebif, although I will credit those shots with controlling my MS. I currently have no active lesions.

This is day 4 for me on tecfidera. So far, I haven't experienced any side effects, but I am still on the 120 dose twice a day. It feels like cheating to swallow those pills instead of injecting myself - loving that!

Comment

Originally posted by Camsue View Post
                            thanks for posting that! I have been on Betaseron almost 19 years and am so tired of these shots!

I am also afraid to switch because I am better now and I'm not sure what would happen if I changed meds. Nice to hear someone has switched and is doing okay...Thanks!
                            Hi Camsue,
                            I know what you mean. I was on REBIF for 13 years. The last MRI showed I did not have any new plaques. I have been stable since I started taking Rebif. But my Neurologist wanted me to try Tecfidera and I jumped at it. I guess I can always go back to rebif IF this doesn't work... but so far so good. I did read somewhere that Tecfidera was first discovered for skin problems (Psoriasis I think) so I am hoping I can have two for one! (Ha.. wouldn't that be SWEET).

Comment

Originally posted by jld View Post
                              I have also noticed a significant difference in my mood since I stopped Rebif. I was on Rebif for about 6 years, and I don't think I realized how down I was feeling until I stopped the shots. I could always blame those feelings on other stressors in my life - work, relationships, etc. I feel so much better since I stopped taking Rebif, although I will credit those shots with controlling my MS. I currently have no active lesions.

This is day 4 for me on tecfidera. So far, I haven't experienced any side effects, but I am still on the 120 dose twice a day. It feels like cheating to swallow those pills instead of injecting myself - loving that!
                              I hear what you are saying! I keep feeling like I'm missing something (Yep.... NOT having to take the shots).... I have to agree with you, I am noticing that I am not in as much pain and my attitude is changing... I am more UP and willing to get out an "do" things.

Going on week three for me... SWEET! I'm loving the freedom and sense of well being instead of the feeling "sad" or "down". I didn't realize that could have been the effects of Rebif... I just knew I was fighting it all the time.

Comment

can't complain

I've been on tec for 4 weeks now. I haven't had any gi issues besides gas. I have a drippy nose if I look down. Sounds odd yes. Lol I haven't had any noticeable flushing, but occasionally I'll feel a lil tingle/burny feeling in my cheeks. That just feels weird is all.

All is good in my tec world
                                MS dx's 2000
                                Tysabrian

¤ fate is not just who's cooking smells good, but which way the wind blows ¤

Comment

Working...
                                X