Tecfidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera

I have been on Tecfidera for one week. Yesterday I started the full dose. Was so sick never took the second pill. Does anyone have ideas to help with this. Will try again today. Thanks

Maybe you should take the 120 dose for a longer period of time so your body will get use to it. I know some people on here who are staying on the 120 dose longer because they have had bad side effects.....ask your doc about it. Best of luck!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

hi

Hi dlarson,

I started on Tecfidera in Early May. The half dose seemed fine, but about 10 days into the full dose I developed terrible
      stomach issues.

Then when I needed to renew my rx for the next month, my insurance gave me problems so I went without the Tecfidera
      for almost 2 weeks.

I finally am back on it BUT I am only taking one a day. I saw my neurologist and he is fine with this. He told me I can continue with this dosage until I feel I can move up to the full.

I do find taking it after I eat helps. I'm thinking of you and I wish you good luck.
      And even though the moment passed me by I still can't turn away
      'Cause all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
      Got tossed along the way

Comment

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I only took one pill today after I ate and took pepto. I felt fine. I will see how it goes tomorrow. I think staying on half the dose is the right way to go till I can talk to my neuro on Mon. His office only handles emergencies on weekends and even though I felt like I was dying realized it wasn't. Was grateful to be able to eat and not be sick. Pray that tomorrow goes as well as it is my dad's 80th birthday and the first since my mom passed. It's an hours drive so praying it goes well.

Comment

Working...
        X