One leg is tingly lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One leg is tingly lately

I have had MS for almost 3 years. Usually I just get a migraine or fatigue. Last week my left lower part of the leg, more the calf area, felt funny. Its hard to explain it.. Its not tingly yet, but it feels like its going to be tingly but doesn't. You know that feeling when you foot falls asleep, and it hurts, then it turns tingly? Its in that uncomfortable and painful part.. This is the second time this is happening.. It happened last week and was and stayed for maybe 2 almost 3 days then went away on its own.. Its very annoying!! Has anyone had this before? What is it??

The correct terminology is Paresthesia. Some refer to tingling as a sensory symptom. Paresthesia are abnormal sensations such as tingling, vibrations/buzzing, pins and needles, numbness, ect.

Yes, I have Paresthesia and yes, I agree it's damn annoying. You get used to it and, for the most part, it is possible to simply ignore sensory symptoms...sometimes it's not
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks for your help..

Comment

[QUOTE=ttmont416;1415692]Thanks for your help..[/QUOTE

I have the same exact problem!! And I'm in shock to find out others are experiencing the same thing.. And sounds like it's normal for people with MS.. When I told my doctor about the shocking/tingling feeling on my leg he looked at me like I was lying and did nothing for me.. Is there something you take for it?! Have your symptoms gotten better?

Comment

been there, doing that!

oh yes, very familiar with the tingly, numb legs. those were my 1st sxs even before i knew they were sxs.
          i'd wake up smacking my feet because 'ants were crawling' on them. it took years as they got worse to finally get a dx.

it's been at least 15 yrs. now sometimes i don't even notice it, i'm so used to it. just gotta watch crossing my legs and getting up with them dead numb! not a good balance time!

praying it gets better for you.

take care & GOd bless ya!
          "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Hello Mayrarodriguez,

Mayrarodriguez:
            I have the same exact problem!! And I'm in shock to find out others are experiencing the same thing.. And sounds like it's normal for people with MS.. When I told my doctor about the shocking/tingling feeling on my leg he looked at me like I was lying and did nothing for me.. Is there something you take for it?! Have your symptoms gotten better?
            In my case I have learned to ignore much of what is referred to as Paresthesia. For the most part, tingling, buzzing, vibrations, ect. is not harmful and simply sensory symptoms that MS can cause. I do not take any medication for this type of symptoms although, there may be symptom management medications that might be helpful such as Neurontin.

There is a forum that discusses Paresthesia here on MSWorld that you might find helpful:
            http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...34-Paresthesia
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
            X