No announcement yet.

Does my new doctor have even a clue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancer/Dysplasia taken care of....good news. That was the first priority and it sounds like you have got that issue on its way to being resolved.

Your flare seems to be resolving and you are seeing a Neuro in April...good.

Loma Linda Medical Center is not the greatest...but it is certainly better than nothing.

I am assuming you live some where up in those mountains if medical care is so far. Is there something keeping you there? Family?? Because if nothing is tying you down, there is affordable housing in the San Bernardino area...with better access to medical care. What would you do if your little girl gets sick?

If your little girl is taking care of you...then a role reversal has occurred. That's is indeed a cause for concern...because she is now the Mommy. She only has one opportunity to be a kid, and it is sounding like she is having to grow up fast.

Sounds like you need some support...And I sure hope you find it.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Well my mom lives about a quarter mile away. Some days she acknowledges that I'm sick and other days she doesn't. She shifts how she treats me when it suits her. My therapist hears a lot about this lol. We both agree that she is not the greatest for support but I can't change her and I do need the little help she gives. We are on a list for low income housing and should be approved to move in this summer. My mom is totally against it but it would save me money, I'd be in town close to the grocery stores and my primary docs. She told me if I moved to Yucca which is about 30-40 minutes away that it would be F'd up on all levels. Her exact words. She just upset because she wouldn't be able to depend on me as much, what she doesn't understand is right now I need a break, I need someone I can depend on. She doesn't drive and my brother and her boyfriend both have severe mental disabilities so they drive her nuts. I think having her grand daughter around helps her a lot.

Anyways I'm getting off topic. I'm going to get Alyvia in counseling and I know parenting classes will be starting soon, I hope they cover situations like mine and Alyvias. I'm sure we are not the only ones.

I am so excited about taking her back to our hometown for the weekend. I get severe anxiety about it, it's already setting in but she will be so happy to see her cousins and friends from her old school. Plus I get to see my dear friend who has rheumatoid arthritis. We became friends because our kids went to school together. She walked funny and so did I plus I use a cane. One day she asked if my issues were permanent and we've been friends ever since. She is very supportive and we could talk about everything that frustrates us that no one else seems to understand. I miss her so much.

Thanks so much for your concern. I'm sure we will make it through this. I will continue to foster all the good things Alyvia has learned from our situation but I'm going to take a more active role in finding wags to let her just be a kid. She will still have to help, maybe take a little more responsibility but what I think she really needs is more breaks from me, time to be a kid and the opportunity to be care-free. I don't want to steal her childhood from her.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieAgain View Post
        No, he is not right...he is wrong on every count.

Please find a new doctor and make sure they order brain and spine MRIs.
        This. Your doc sounds like a moron.

FTR, I was DX'd at 29.
        Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Wild stab in the dark, but I'd say, "No."

Comment

Working...
          X