X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those who take Tecfidera w/ no probs

Hi,

Those of you who are taking Tecfidera and have no issues,

Can I ask How you take it? With food? Am/PM?

Thanks so much!
    And even though the moment passed me by I still can't turn away
    'Cause all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
    Got tossed along the way

Hi! I have been lucky and my worse reaction was a full body rash after the first pill. I eat breakfast and then take my pill......usually around 8:30. I usually don't eat when I take the next pill around 8:30pm but I know a lot of people who do eat something. Best of luck to you!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Hi this is my regimen 8am 325 mg aspirin and a zantac 150 with breakfast then tecfidera at 9 am I repeat the process at 8 pm have a snack and at 9pm take tecfidera again I am on day 6 of the starter pack hope this process still works on full dosage so far i haven't had any side effects which is amazing because rebif gave me side effects for the 3 years that i took it good luck!!!!

Comment

I take my first dose around eight after an English muffin. I take my vitamins about a half hour before. Night dose is around eight, well after dinner. I drink a ton of water, three liters a day. Knock wood, I'm almost on month three, no side effects. Good luck and God bless!

Comment

I take my vitamins and regular meds when I get up. I take my tec about an hour later after I have eaten.I have my evening dose approx 12 hours later. I have had no side effects other than being a little gassy.

Comment

Only 5 doses so far.

Started taking BG-12 this past Thursday evening. Didn't experience any side affects until this morning's dose. Had flushing about 1.5hrs after taking morning pill. I think it was because I had breakfast about an hour after taking the dose AND I was not well hydrated.

Overall I've been sticking to taking it right after breakfast and then again with some food twelve hours later. My evening dose has varied between being taken w/dinner or a snack.

I've heeded others advice and try to drink A LOT of water throughout the day -- especially before & after taking the pill.

Good luck.

Comment

I'm on about day 45. I take mine with 1/2 of a Zantac at the same time to keep my stomach from burning, but if I do that I have no other side effects that I am aware of beyond mild flushing about 1 in 10 times I take it. Mild meaning my ear turns red, nothing else.

I take Tecfidera with and without food; it doesn't seem to matter. I had terrible side effects on just about everything else, so this has been a pleasant surprise!

Comment

Thanks everyone for that info. I had been reading all the side effect issues and it was freaking me out . I should be getting my starting package this week. I have my fingers crossed.

Comment

Mild side effects

I'm on day 17. I had flushing 2.5 hours after the first pill on day 8 and it lasted an hour. I had bloating for the first two weeks, but that seems to have resolved now. I eat a yogurt in the morning, then take a pill and the second one about an hour after dinner. I notice I don't feel like eating as much as usual. I seem to feel more full with less food. So far so good!

Comment

I'm on Day 16. I flushed for a few hours after first dose but not since. Not sure flush is the correct word...more like a very sore sunburn. Occasionally, out of the blue, my nose drips for a minute or so.

I take a baby aspirin and an OTC acid reflux med about 15 mins before the Tec pill. One at 9:00 am and one at 9:00 pm. If I take on an empty stomach, my stomach makes noise for awhile but no vomiting/Diahhrea thank goodness!
                    Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
                    Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

I take it around 8-9 but I take one 325 mg of Bayer first, then eat something. After 30 minutes I take it with two glasses of water. So far zero issues but somewhat sleepy here and there(I'm on 4th day).

At night I take it the same way but my food is plain nonfat yogurt. A small bowl & 2 glasses of water seems to help.

@gplibrarian, I noticed the lack of appetite too. I don't want to eat much during the day now. Only my breakfast, lunch, dinner, yogurt. And I eat less at those meals. I already feel a bit less weight wise. It's weird.

If this keeps going the way it is maybe I CAN lose that winter weight quickly!!

Comment

Working...
                      X