Has anyone debated meds for years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone debated meds for years?

I just started Tecfidera after being diagnosed 17 yrs ago. I know I've been lucky with little problems in that time. (3 mri scans...yes its active). Is there anyone out there with a similar experience?

I was diagnosed 14 years ago and stayed away from meds altogether until 9 months ago when I started Copaxone. I only started it because I started having a hard time walking and my neuro said it might prevent future relapses. I finally decided to try. You are so lucky to start Tecfidera! I can't wait to get coverage for that. Cheers

Comment

Diagnosed over 25 years ago. No drugs other than a whopping 2 weeks on Copaxone in 2003. Very few problems but it is getting worse.

Tom
      "Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
      - Voltaire

Comment

No Drugs

Tom,
        That's a long time. Do you think you would take BG12?
        Do you go back and get MRI's during the 25 yrs? (I've had 3 in 17 yrs and lesions have increased but doc says they are more surface ones...vs. deep ones).
        I didn't read anything or think about meds until now. My hands and feet had tingling....then some sensation loss and numbness. That was scary. My feet are better now and hands are about 70% better.
        I'm not fully on board that meds will do anymore than exercise and diet...but docs disagree!
        I am curious as I am not sure there are a lot of people out there in this situation.

Comment

Good luck getting on BG12. It was a process and a fight with insurance. Hopefully it's worth it for you.

Comment

Working...
          X