Hey diagnosed for a year now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey diagnosed for a year now

Hi my name is Briana aka Bri or whatever nickname you want to give me. I was diagnosed a week before my 18th birthday and had probably the worst doctor ever. My family didnt talk about it and i pretty much dealt with it alone, i feel like this disease is making me crazy emotionally . Has anyone else felt like this? I dealt with it and just talked to myself ( crazy i know but i have no one else) about it and did research by myself. And yes i have both parents and two siblings but i was still alone. I made appointments and im going to a new doctor tomorrow how do i make a connection with my doctor? I feel like i need answers and comfort with a disease everyone has expected me to just deal with

Hi Bri, welcome to the forum! It's been about a year for me as well. It can be hard talking to others about MS, but I'm sorry you're working through this basically alone. That must be really tough. This is a very helpful forum and there are others out there as well.

Lately I fell into a rut and got so negative and really didn't see a way out. I was so full of anger it was just eating me up inside. I started coming to these forums and it was amazing how much better I felt. Just remember you're never alone. We all experience MS differently but there's still a common link and you can talk about anything here and you will definitely be understood.

That's great you're seeing a new doctor. I would write out a list of questions and concerns. I would just try to share as much as you can, especially anything out of the ordinary no matter how trivial it might seem to you. I was dismissed for years after complaining of symptoms and I pretty much started downplaying my symptoms myself until the optic neuritis, but I could have gotten treatment much earlier. So be your own advocate!

I'm glad you found this forum and I hope you come here often. Thanks for sharing your story!

'S'

Comment

Hi Briana

Welcome! Hope it went well with your Doctor
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Hi Briana, so sorry you're dealing with this at such a young age, especially with no family support. I hope your appt went well with your new doc. I'm sure you'll find much encouragement and compassion here, as well as great info. Please let us know how you're making out.
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Hi Briana and welcome to MSWorld

I want you to keep your chin up! You have lots of support here so please know you have all of us to help you deal with this! I'm sure you know about our "I Can Relate" forum with sub-forums for teens and young adults. We also have a special chat time just for you.

http://msworld.org/chatroom_info I believe it's the first Thurs of each month at 8pm EST.

Stay strong and let us know how the Dr. appt went. Sending hugs your way~~
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Welcome Briana

Sorry you've had to deal with this by yourself but know you can come here for support, info or to just vent.

Please let us know how your appointment went. Hopefully this is someone you feel you can trust and open up to.

Bree

Comment

Hello and Welcome Bri!
              When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Welcome! So sorry you are dealing with this alone but you found this site so you really are not alone with this! Keep your chin up. I was diagnosed one year ago. Started my treatment and all is good.

Comment

Working...
                X