Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Hi I'm 30 yrs old, married for 2yrs with a 12 yr old step daughter, three cats and a snake. i was dx with MS about 8 yrs ago. I've only had one major attack and two or three relapses/attacks. My first was pretty bad. I ended up with my entire right side being numb and paralyzed. I was in the hospital for about a week and they had the MS dx within 3 days. I fully recovered 6 months later with no use of steroids. It was the scariest time in my life! After that I joined a med. study for teriflunomide, I was on it for a few years but got tired of blood work every two weeks and seeing the doctors so much so I withdrew from the study. After that it was pretty smooth sailing, some permanent tingling in my hands and in the rest of my body. Then a few weeks ago I had another attack/relapse where my left hand was painfully sensitive to everything and some incoordination in my hand and arm, it progressed to having a numbness/tingling sensation on my neck and weakness in my arms. I was put on steroid treatment but I haven't tolerated it well. so here I am off work for the third week and feeling like I'm high all the time (not in a good way lol) this last relapse has made me realize I really don't have a good support network (other than my amazing family).
    Thanks for listening to my ramblings

You are so welcome, here. And though you have your dx, you have been living well. That is fantastic. But I think you have seen what can happen without some precautionary plan, be it meds or diet/exercise.
    I am not a doctor and I want to tell you that I have been doing research on MS, over the internet and attending presentations, for about 4 years. There is a lot of evidence that shows how the meds help MSers. There is also some evidence supporting the diet/exercise plan. But, either way you go, evidence shows that doing nothing is 'highly undesirable'.
    Please come to this site as much as you can. We're here to hear you out. Good luck

Comment

Hi, I am new here and newly diagnosed (april), so I don't have any advice. I just wanted to say thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
      X