Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still hoping for the best

Hey Everyone,

I was on Tysabri for several years, and was thinking we really were making some progress. A couple of the many lesions had all but dissappeared. Then they tested me for the JC virus, and I tested positive. The neurologist didn't want to chance the possibility of me getting PML so he recommended a different medicine.

I've been on Gilenya for a few months now and things are okay. I can't help but feel this might be a step backwards though. But there's no going back, so I've gotta give this an honest run. Last week my doctor told me about Ampyra, and gave me some reading material. Does anyone have some experience with this?

I go back in a little bit and we will discuss this more, and probably start this new medicine. I'm curious about the combination of Gilenya and Ampyra together.

Any thoughts?

I don't know anything about the Gilenya, but I swear by the Ampyra. It made a big difference for me.

Comment

moose, what exactly did you find that Ampyra did for you? I am considering Ampyra, now. But I feel hesitant. Tell me your experiences and side effects, if any.

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, Railroader!! Glad you found us~

I just did a quick advanced search and came up with a couple threads of others taking both Gilenya and Ampyra. I took Ampyra for a time, but I was one of the unlucky ones who didn't benefit from taking it, but lots of others swear by it!!

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...ghlight=ampyra

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...ghlight=ampyra

Good luck to you and again, welcome
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

My balance and walking speed improved quite a bit taking the Ampyra. I don't thing my numbness (feet & hands) is quite so bad with it either.

Comment

Working...
          X