Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy

Not even beginning the diagnosis process yet, but been consulting Dr. Google and he seems to think that MS could be the culprit, so thought I'd post here and see what you all think. I do have an appointment with my PCP tomorrow.

The last couple months I've been having this weird issue with my right eye. I have a blurry spot right in the middle. Kind of like if you were wearing glasses and had something on them. I guess I should probably see an eye doc about that.

Another issue is extreme fatigue. We had a bit of a rough couple years and I was having sleeping issues and some mild depression, but all that has been taken care of. I am sleeping better than I have in a long time, and feel happier than I have in a while, but yet I still wake up feeling groggy.

Next up is the tingling in my fingers.

And finally, just a couple days ago I was sitting at my desk and my legs starting getting all tingly and feeling very heavy. Now I use to be a runner and all I can compare it too is how they felt after going on a 5 miler. The next day my quads were hurting and they still are. This started Monday evening.

So what do you all think? Connected or just a bunch of one off symptoms? Could Dr. Google be right about it perhaps being MS? I've looked at the risk factors and I definitely have those. I'm a 40 year old woman, have a cousin that has MS, have had Epstein-Barr virus, am about 70% Scandinavia. Not sure if any of that really makes a difference though.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and how could I forget the night sweats? Yeah been having those too. Course that could just be old age, huh?

Comment

Hi Skittles

All of your symptoms maybe or not associated with MS...It's different for everyone-such is life! Many times I've wondered if something I'm feeling is MS, or is it menapause or is it??..many unanswered questions so I just move on and enjoy life

Take care and good luck with you appt.
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yep, I know it could be a lot of things.

I left this out in trying to keep it short, but a few years ago, probably 10 or 15 maybe, I was evaluated for MS. They did an MRI of the brain and found no lesions, so they said it was not MS. I was having the tingling in the hands then too, but I guess the main symptom back then was feeling dizzy and even fainting on occasion, which I also still have. And the fatigue.

From what I understand I could have had it then too, but after all this time if there are no lesions now most likely it is something else. Is that right? But in all this time, no doctor has ever been able to tell me what is going on.

Comment

Hello and Welcome Skittles!

Some people are in limbo many years before being diagnosed. It's no fun. Have you had a cervical MRI? Sometime the lesions are seen on the spine also. Have you had a spinal MRI?

You should also have your B12 and vitamin D levels checked. A lack of B12 vitamin mimics the symptoms of MS.

Some people are only diagnosed after having symptoms for many years. You should see a neurologist for a consultation. Your local MS Society Chapter can provide you with information and doctors available in your area.

In the meantime, feel free to browse through the forums and ask any questions you may have. We're here to support you in any way we can! Again, welcome to the bunch!
          When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Thanks Carole! I saw my PCP yesterday and she is going to have a nerve test on my hands and a sleep study for the fatigue as well as blood work to test vit & min levels. I posted more about my symptoms in the Limbo forum http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=126909

I know something isn't right. May be MS, maybe something else, but something is definitely going on. It is just not right to feel like this all the time for so long. One doc even went so far as to say I could have chronic Epstein-Barr but after researching that, I think she was just trying to make me feel better by putting a name to something she couldn't figure out.

So we'll see what the tests say and go from there. I may just call and make an appointment with a neuro anyway because even if it is not MS, it seems like something to do with the CNS.

Comment

Working...
            X