I'm Baaaaack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Baaaaack!

I've been off of the boards for quite awhile. This year has been one crazy year (I think of years in terms of school years ). After constantly being sick in the fall, and then getting sick again in (?)March, I have been doing much better and hope to continue to do better.

Why was I off of the message boards?
    Life. Life happened to be quite busy and priorities of family took front and center stage.

First, my brother and my sister-in-law moved in with us for a time, as he had been hired to work nearby for one of the gas companies (fracking is big around here). Unfortunately, he signed on with a family-run business that carried a lot of drama with it. Needless to say, he was NOT happy when they changed plans on him and relocated 4 hours away!

I had one visit to my family down south, to get a much-needed break and sneak peek of spring. My sister-in-law and I drove down together. It was so very worth it!!

Not long after I returned, if memory serves me correctly, I ended up in the hospital with yet another MS flare. Ugh!! At least I had a great roommate and one nurse, in particular, who kept my spirits up. As a matter of fact, we are each now facebook friends!

Enter: school stuff
    My daughter had to do a science fair project (ie: Mommy had to do a LOT of work to help her). My son needed help with some of his reading assignments (some new technique they are using; one I had never HEARD of in gaining my Master's in Reading Education). My hubby needed extra time to work on his classes (teaches locally and also teaches an online class). That meant that I had to take my son to middle school each morning and then come back to get my daughter to her school (last year at the elementary school).

NOTE: This began when my sister-in-law was staying with us, but then she moved down to where my brother was staying; he needed her support, with all of the crazy drama going on at work.

Add a few more family things: piano recitals, end of the year church youth programs (my daughter has completed her last year in Patch the Pirate Club and can now go up to Youth Group), field trips, Boy Scout camping trips, planning for a family vacation at the end of May, and probably some other things (my mind gets overwhelmed at it all).

My health: My neuro and I had begun the process, in the early fall, to switch me to Gilenya. However, with all of the exhaustion and constant sinus infections/ear infections, we held off. In January, we attempted to get back in the process. I just got a letter, the other day, that my insurance company DENIED it. My neurologist is appealing it.

In addtion, I had switched from using Provigil to trying LDN (which my insurance doesn't cover) to combat fatigue. Now, that we decided to go back to using Provigil, I went through one bottle (thinking it was 100 mg. 2x/day), before I discovered that the rx was written for taking it only once/day. When I asked for a new rx, the neuro's office faxed it over to the pharmacy. Insurance DENIED it. After an appeal, they said they needed "more information." Apparently, they wanted to see how often I'd used it in the past 6 months. Obviously, NOT MUCH! Just got a notice on my phone that my neuro's office sent me an email. I'll let you know what happens next.

Welcome BACK to my world!
    Sherry

Proverbs 31 wannabe
    Isaiah 26:3,4 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord forever: for in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting strength."

Hello and Welcome Back Sherry!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Welcome back busy lady!!
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Thanks!
        I'll try to check in a little more often, again. Finding that I still really need the support and understanding that I always can count on from people on here.

Proverbs 31 wannabe
        Isaiah 26:3,4 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord forever: for in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting strength."

Comment

Working...
        X