Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello I am Melanie. I am newly diagnosed 2 months ago. Found out after suffering from optic neuritis in my L eye 4 months ago. Still trying to let it sink in. I am a full time med student. I guess the hardest thing for me is that I am scared that MS will take me from being a doctor. I've worked so hard at school for the past 6 years and now I am almost done and I get diagnosed with this. Anyone here a health care professional and have MS???

Hi Melanie and welcome to MSWorld! I think most who are new to MS asks questions about their future. I did myself many, many years ago, but was able to fulfill most of my dreams. My advice to you is to keep going and get that doctorate degree! You've worked so hard and there's no reason not to continue....who knows, maybe you'll be a part of a team to finally find a cure!!

We do have many members here in or retired from the health care profession and we have a special forum you~ http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Come back often, ask questions, and share your journey with us. We're glad you're here
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
      Hi Melanie and welcome to MSWorld! I think most who are new to MS asks questions about their future. I did myself many, many years ago, but was able to fulfill most of my dreams. My advice to you is to keep going and get that doctorate degree! You've worked so hard and there's no reason not to continue....who knows, maybe you'll be a part of a team to finally find a cure!!

We do have many members here in or retired from the health care profession and we have a special forum you~ http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Come back often, ask questions, and share your journey with us. We're glad you're here
      All of this. There may be certain rotations/rounds(IDK, I'm not a doc) that you can't do, but teaching is always an option if the physical demands become too much.

And yeah, there are lots of medical professionals on here who can offer lots of great advice.

Good luck!
      Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Hello and Welcome Melanie!

Never quit on your dreams! MS can be challenging but don't let it define your future. Be all that you can be!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi Melanie,
          Sorry about your diagnosis but congrats on being near the end of med school. There are a few here who are in health care. I really miss a former member MBSews who was a NICU doc.

Although I'm not one of the more optimistic members regarding our eventual prognosis many of us are able to continue working for years.

I went back to college after being diagnosed 8 years ago, was able to finish grad school without incident and have been working full time + without missing any time for MS.

Hang in there! Jules
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

Working...
          X