I NEED SOME MORE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I NEED SOME MORE HELP

I AM TRYING TO WRITE A LETTER TO MY PARENTS AND TO MY DAUGHTER HERE IS WHAT I HAVE SO FAR:
    I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW HOW GRATEFUL I AM FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME. Also, family about how having MS changed you and how the stress of having MS made you say or do things that might have been hurtful to them and that you really didn't mean it and how sorry you are about that. I you can ask for their understanding and forgiveness. Whatever comes from your heart.

Just make sure your accepting of what they tell you and let them know you won't punish them for saying something you don't agree with.

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME MORE ADVICE?

I have looked at some of your old posts. In June 2011 you responded to a Threaded asking "How do you express yourself ?"

Your response: I express myself through time with my daughter;

It is obvious you love your daughter very much. Write from your heart. If there are things you regret having said or done because of the stress of dealing with your MS -- write that out for your daughter.

Maybe there were better times and you can include that also. How you are so proud when she _________ (fill in the blank)

Let her know how much you love her, are proud of her and want only the best for her.

Having said all that, including also how you want to make things better in the future -- maybe finding a way for the two of you to communicate better. Get her feed back on how she would prefer to be approached.

Don't know if you're seeing a counselor or therapist, but I know from personal experience as a mom, I am open to new ways to communicate with my kids.

Talk / write from your heart. Keeping communication open is a good first step.

Good luck in getting this done.

It doesn't have to be perfectly written. But getting it done is the first step and then the two of you can talk in detail about things.

Bree

Comment

It can be scary to tell somebody something even when we really want to. Sometimes it helps to imagine that your telling somebody else what you want to say to them because it isn't so scary then.

Maybe you could start by writing a practice letter by pretending that your telling somebody else what you want to say to your daughter and your parents? If you would like maybe you could just tell us here on the forum what you would tell them if you didn't have writer's block. Again just from your heart - one thing at a time until you've said everything you want to tell them. Or what you would tell them if you could.

When your done you will have already written what you want to say. Then all you have to do is put it into letters to your daughter and parents. Its kind of like writing without feeling like you've done any work and not being stopped by not knowing what to say directly to them.

Comment

Working...
      X