Hello, I'm Lorrie with MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think many of us struggle to get a diagnosis

And you can't hardly blame us for feeling the docs have failed us.

Hopefully you and I will find doctors who will help us, in the future.

This is a pretty tough disease to have I think.

Comment

Hi all! I too hard symptoms for years and thought I was just crazy. My PCP told me that I needed to be tougher, especially since I was a mom. I saw a psyc doc for years with all kinds of symptoms including bladder issues and tingling and pain in my left leg.

When I was going into my big exacerbation in 2009, I had recently changed to a new PCP, but I hadn't seen her even though I lost almost 15 lbs, had significant digestive issues, fatigue and was tripping and falling. It was my neighbor, a primary care doc in an HMO that told me I should call my doctor. Thus, when I saw my new PCP, she was all over sending me first to a neuro. I was diagnosed then in a month. My diagnosing neuro looked at my medical history and said.."looks like you've had MS for a long time."

It is frustrating....I understand that doc don't always have all the answers and that they can miss things, but making comments and minimize conditions really frustrate me. I am grateful that I now have a fantastic team of docs and that I have learn to manage my healthcare and advocate for my needs. We are "the customer!"

Comment

Wow you've been through so much.

. I sure am glad you have a good team of doctors now though!

I think awareness needs to be raised with PCPs about neurological diseases and how it's not crazy lady stuff but a real disease that needs to be treated.

Comment

Working...
        X