My first MS post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first MS post

Hello, I was newly diagnosed with MS as of 3/2013. I have had a long road to this diagnoses, 13 years. My symptoms are many, came on gradually and worsened over last 2 years. I am a mother of 4 boys, a nurse , was a volunteer paramedic, and educator in my community for over 20 years. Since fall of 2012 I have not been able to work due to physical / cognitive limitations. I am determined to have a positive out look on life and this new diagnosis. I am trying to educate myself and family along with connecting with people in the MS community.

Welcome to MS World! Glad you posted! Wow, that is a long time in coming waiting for a diagnosis of something! Many go through that. So I am not sure I am happy you are diagnosed, but happy you have found some answers.

I am also a nurse who has had to stop working due to my MS so I know how hard that can be. Mine was both physical and cognitive as well.

I hope you will find many friends here, at least many who can relate! Look around, post some more or answer some more posts, check out our chat rooms, just make yourself at home.

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Welcome Charlie Brown

I'm sorry you've had to join the boards and especially for your diagnosis. March was 2 years for me.

I too am a nurse, but I no longer work as pain meds, fatigue, etc concern me for patient safety reasons, I could never forgive myself if I hurt a patient because I was too stubborn to recognize when to throw in the towel.

I know there are many jobs I could do as a nurse, but I also don't drive due to, well...fatigue, vision, etc.

Anyway, the boards are the best rive found...welcome
      Melissa (dx. 3/22/2011)

Comment

Hi Charlie Brown!

Welcome ...sounds like you had an active, exciting life before retirement..

You have the right attitude already: to stay positive...I believe being busy with 4 boys is a great way to focus on other things and stay active.

Take care
        Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

hi and welcome! 13 years! That must have been frustrating! I was a teacher but stopped to be a at home mom. I always thought I would go back when my girls got older but that won't not happen because I physically couldn't do it. This is a great place....best of luck!
          dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Hello and Welcome Charlie Brown!
            When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Welcome to the boards Charlie Brown. Keep wearing the 'nurses hat'. Your expertise is always needed here. Good luck

Comment

Working...
              X