Not the best month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the best month

Well, after my second occurrence of optic neuritis, I was given a probable-ms diagnosis. It was confirmed today. I guess that even though I was pretty certain I had it, that I clung to that word "probable". Now I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.

And, if that isn't challenging enough-I live in Japan...where this is a very rare disease. (Not to mention the language barrier, my Japanese lessons didn't include medical terminology or tips on how to converse about different medications !

Anyway, glad online groups like this exist...not sure I can find any groups in my area!

Whoo! Downer of a first post...I'll definitely aim for more positivity in the future!
    Kelly

Kelly,
    Downer or not, now that you know we're here, come back often. You're always welcome. I hope that you are getting the best care from the medical system, there. Good luck

Comment

Hey Sweetie - I'm newly DX also and ironically moving to Okinawa in December. Are you on the mainland or an island?

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time with ON. I know exactly what you mean by holding on to that last thread that it COULD be something else. I did the same thing.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts! Keep your chin up!

Comment

Welcome Kelly! It's nice to meet you. Are you in Japan on a permanent basis or temporary? Either way, it's great you connected with us! Another way to stay connected is to go to our chat room. The schedule is listed here. http://msworld.org/chatroom_info. The times are EST, but someone is always there to chat 24/7!

There is a MS Society in Japan! Here's the link although I don't know if it is helpful - http://jmss-s.jp/english.html

Who knows - maybe they have support groups like we do here?

I hope you are getting good care there and continue to reach out to us anytime! We're always here too
        Take care!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Just had Golden Week (a national holiday in Japan), so I took some time off all my researching, hung out with friends and geared up to make some changes in my life!

PrissyJayne-I'm living in Tokyo, so pretty far from you! Is your move connected to the military? That's usually my assumption when foreigners move to Okinawa!

Seasha-thanks for the link. I had checked it out previously-my problem is that my Japanese is not advanced for all the kanji or medical terminology that I have to deal with! Luckily, I found a neurologist fluent in English-bonus, she's also recommended for those with MS!

Comment

Hello and Welcome Kelly!
            When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
            X