Baclofen and fatigue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen and fatigue?

Question for folks on baclofen. Was fatigue ever one of your major symptoms and, if so, has baclofen made it worse?

I'm seeing my neuros next week and I realize I've hit a point where I have to address the spasticity. I am just in so much pain and discomfort and it is weakening my torso and arms now.

But fatigue is my second biggest problem. I only get between 5 and 7 functional hours on a good day. We've tried all of the remedies, both rx and supplements and there just isn't a fit for me.

So that's why I've resisted pain treatment or muscle treatment thus far.

Thank you in advance for your input!
    Melissa Goerke
    [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

I have fatigue,and my baclofen made it worse. I was taking 80mg spread over the course of the day. One of the side effects of baclofen is fatigue. My doctor recommended a baclofen pump, and after much research I decided to go that route. I can also say, that I have been happy that I did. I hope this helps you some. I wish you the best! Good luck.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Baclofen Loopy

I got kinda loopy on Baclofen. Dizzy, tired and spacey. I switched to Tizanidine. The first 2 weeks were rough with teh tired side effect and don't take too late before sleep it gives vivid dreams.

I take it 4x a day with Ampyra 1x a day and starting Friday Tecfidera 2x a day. Ugh!
      I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by mgoerke View Post
        baclofen. !
        I took this for about 10 days and started getting very painful headaches. Dr switched me to Tizanidine which isn't as effective as baclofen was for me ... but no more headaches.
        Karen

Comment

I take Baclofen at nighttime but I notice that it doesn't make me sleepy anymore.
          When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

I used to take a pretty large dose, and it did make me very sleepy.

Now I have a pump, but still take 10 mg, 3 x a day for spasticity in my upper body (which the pump doesn't help.)

I don't have any sleepiness or drowsiness with the dose I'm on now.

It's a great drug for spasticity...I did Tizanidine for years, and it seemed to lose it's effectiveness after many years and that's when I changed to Baclofen.

Comment

RITUXIMAB VS TYSABRI

Originally posted by mgoerke View Post
              Question for folks on baclofen. Was fatigue ever one of your major symptoms and, if so, has baclofen made it worse?

I'm seeing my neuros next week and I realize I've hit a point where I have to address the spasticity. I am just in so much pain and discomfort and it is weakening my torso and arms now.

But fatigue is my second biggest problem. I only get between 5 and 7 functional hours on a good day. We've tried all of the remedies, both rx and supplements and there just isn't a fit for me.

So that's why I've resisted pain treatment or muscle treatment thus far.

Thank you in advance for your input!
              RITUXIMAB wasgreat - a wonder drug. Tysabri just gave me relapses. Now it seems that Baclofen is giving me fatigue!

Comment

Hello Rabies and welcome to MSWorld.

Originally posted by Rabies View Post
                Now it seems that Baclofen is giving me fatigue!
                Muscle relaxers, which Baclofen is one, can cause fatigue. Once your body has adjusted to the dosage the fatigue will decrease. But, each time your dosage is increased the fatigue will once again kick in until you body once again adjusts to the new dosage.
                Diagnosed 1984
                “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
                X