MS is always a surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS is always a surprise

Hi~I joined MS World in '04. Lately I haven't been on here in quite awhile.
    I was dx'ed in 2004 with RRMS when I had a bout of optic neuritis, I was 52. I was put on Avenox for a couple of years. Now I have been on Copaxone for 4 years with no new symptons.I have been to 4 different MS Neuros. The best were in Atlanta. To far for me to drive.

Last week I went to a regular Neuro he new as much as some of the MS Neuro. He told me that I probably don't have secondary.
    After he checked my pushing and pulling. He told me I was weaker on one side. He redid the push / pull on my arms I realized my left side is weaker. I then remembered that at times when I'm walking my left leg will all of a sudden feel like it weighs 300 lbs and numb. My right leg on April 7th became heavy feeling and numb like my left leg.

I am now in Secondary. He told me I have lesions in my brain stem from the symptoms I was demonstrating. I also am going into secondary MS. I own a dog boarding business in my backyard. It exhausts me no matter what time of year. I just keep doing it to keep myself busy.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
    Dx 2004 RRMS
    Tried Avenox can not remember why I switched to Copaxone
    2013 Dx upgraded to Brain Stem now involved. Now have SRRMS.

You are a brave soul. Keep up the positivity, it could be infectious !
    I am dx'd with PPMS and have been slowly going down hill for 4 years. My brother lives in Lawrenceville, so he thinks he's from Atlanta. We're really from Philly. But over the years, I have spent some time in the Atlanta area and loved it. Anyway, take care of yourself. Good luck

Comment

a dog boarding business sound so exciting and rewarding! You are definitely taking the fight to MS not letting MS bring the fight to you. Great job doing that! I hope to see more of you around. Good luck
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thank you JerryD and Huntered for the welcome. I need to refresh my brain fog mind about MS. What better place.
        "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
        Dx 2004 RRMS
        Tried Avenox can not remember why I switched to Copaxone
        2013 Dx upgraded to Brain Stem now involved. Now have SRRMS.

Comment

Hi mimr52....I also own a dog boarding business at home...I know how fatiguing it can be but also rewarding if you love dogs like we do.

Keep positive!

justacowgirl.
          Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Working...
          X