Hi!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!!

Just wanted to officially introduce myself. I have been "lurking" on your message boards for a few months and reading lots of helpful and encouraging material.

I am a 34 year old physician who was officially diagnosed in March 2012. I started experiencing symptoms a while back which I brushed off due to stress (intermittent visual symptoms and vertigo.) These began worsening (more frequent/longer lasting) and I started developing a lot of muscle spasms, tingling in my hands and feet, and debilitating fatigue and urinary incontinence. I am also experiencing what I think is the "MS hug" although I am not entirely convinced that I don't also have something going on with my abdomen.

Fortunately (I guess), I had very typical MRI lesions and a consistent lumbar puncture which led to a relatively quick diagnosis. My neuro recommended that I start tecfidera as soon as it is available, so the paperwork has been filled out and I am waiting to get started.

I am scared and frustrated and honestly a little depressed about all of this, but trying to just take it one day at a time.

So that is me....thanks for letting me be part of your "world."

Hi and welcome, glad you've found the board helpful.
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Scary stuff

I also tried to brush off the vertigo and fatigue....I figured it must just be all stress related! (little did we know that our stress levels were about to be elevated when we got the MS diagnosis!) Depressed and scared....I'm with you here!

Sometimes it's just nice to read these messages and realize that you are not truly alone. I have been reading these messages for a long time before I decided to join as well.

Stay strong and keep your chin up....I know it's easier said then done....but remember, you are not alone in this fight! (now, I just need to practice what I preach here!!)

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Comment

Welcome Ldybgmd...

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis and encouraged that you are going to be getting treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ldybgmd View Post
            So that is me....thanks for letting me be part of your "world."
            Hi Ldybgmd and thank you for being a part of this MS World and joining in! It's nice to meet you. It's fortunate that you got a quick dx and will be on a treatment soon. There are quite a few here who are also going to start tecfidera. You've probably read the posts in out Medications forum.

In case you're interested, we also have a chat room. Here's a link to the schedules if you don't know already http://msworld.org/chatroom_info

Hope you visit us often and let us know how you're doing. Keep that chin up now!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Ldybgmd

Welcome! Hope you get good results with your treatment..You have the right attitude "Taking one day at a time" ...
              Let us know how you're doing
              Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Working...
              X