Baruch Hashem but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baruch Hashem but...

The above phrase literally means "bless G-d" but is used by many people to mean "thank G-d". And that's what I think every time I read people's posts on this board. Because pretty much every time I do, I learn of difficulties & symptoms I'm very glad I don't have. I also say it (quietly) every time I see a person in a wheelchair.

To cut to the chase, every time I look at this message board I am humbled by how lucky/blessed I am. But the difficulties I don't have don't cancel out the ones I do or mean they "don't count". So, thank G-d for everything I can do but I'm very frustrated about everything that's hard that used to be easy, plus everything that was always hard that is even harder now.

What prompted me to finally contribute to this thread has to do with Annette Funicello. Ever since I heard the news that she was no longer with us, I thought "but what was the cause of her death?" Because MS is supposedly "not fatal" and there is a very popular thread called something like "MSWorld is lying to us?" that has to do with this supposed fact. I began reading it but it there were so many replies & if any of them said which "complication of ms" took her life, I thought it would take all day to find it.

When trying to find out about Annette Funicello I learned of something called an MS coma. Last night I tried to log onto this site to search for this keyword but ran into the usual complications of username & password. I understand that one's ms status for many people is highly confidential, so i understand why msworld insists on strong passwords. But while I do not have many of the symptoms & difficulties I read about on this board, I do have a lot of trouble with reading & typing. This makes usernames, passwords & captchas a challenge/frustration. I am thankful that so far my memory seems to be ok, though my eyes aren't--i have great difficulty staying with my place in whatever i'm reading. Which means what i'm writing as well, as reading over what I'm writing is a lot of what I did when I was working & what I do now that I'm not working.

So thanks for all the helpful replies to my posts & I'm glad to be a part of this community.

I'm glad you are here, Linda. Don't be a stranger. I know it is a struggle, but come back, often. Love to hear from you. Good luck

Comment

Thanks!

JerryD, for your warm reply!

Comment

Hi Linda and Welcome to MSWorld! Yes, we all need to count our blessings - every day! and yes, even with MS! We are here, alive! and have lots to contribute.

Hope you find time to get some exercise, according to your ability, along with eating well. Are you on any DMD?

We're glad you found us and hope you can visit often and share more of your story with us. And don't be shy about asking questions. We're all learning from one another...the oldies and newbies alike!

Keep well
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Great post!!! I appreciate your thoughts on this subject as I've wondered and felt the same things.

I also wanted to comment on your vision/reading and typing issues. I experience the very things that you describe.

It's very frustrating to say the least and makes posting or chats a thing of the past I'm afraid. At any rate thanks for the post.

David

Comment

Linda~ Thankyou for the kind thoughts. I too am so grateful for this place to gather and encourage and help other friends.And this place does feel & act as friends.

Comment

Shalom and Baruch hashem. My name apparently means "good" in Hebrew.

We are friends, here. There is the odd disagreement, amd upset, but I think we're all grown-up to cope.

Comment

yes linda i also use that expresion every day that i wake up and can walk and see. i have experienced difficulty at some time with both but not now.. I asked my neurologist why we are unable to get life insurance if MS is not life threatening.. He told me are rare occasions it is but this is mostly those diagnosed years ago when there were no treatments. He does not believe it to be an issue now with all these drugs available.

Comment

Working...
                X