Struggling with diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling with diagnosis

I am 43 years old. Was diagnosed in 2007. I just knew that my neurologist misdiagnosed me until 2 months ago. Another round of MRIs showed new lesions in my brain. I should be grateful...I only have 4 lesions in my brain and 1 in my spine. But, I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that I cannot deny that I have MS any longer. I have 2 children and 2 grandchildren...I don't have time to deal with MS. My 13 year old son lives with me and he is very active in sports, so it's a struggle to find the energy to take him to practices and to pick him up. (I got divorced 5 years ago) I find it hard sometimes not to come home from work and go straight to bed. Of course I take Provigil sometimes, but then I can't sleep at night. Have been reading some threads posted here and have to admit that I am glad to see that there are others out there that can relate to what I am feeling. What a relief!!

Welcome to the boards. I understand that you have a full plate but you need to give yourself a break, somehow.
    I will tell you that you probably need to get some blood tests for vitamin D, B-12, magnesium and you may want to investigate the levels of your hormones. You may also benefit from becoming more 'plant based', diet wise.
    You would be surprised at how much more energy vegetable based diets have. Good luck

Comment

bsygrl,

ALSO, don't forget the benefit of Vitamins. B vitamins, ESPECIALLY, are a big boost to energy, and are water-soluable, so you can take one EVERY DAY.
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Provigil

Bsygrl
        How late are you taking the Provigil? I am supposed to take 2 a day if I need to but was told by my doc to take 1 first thing in the a.m. and if I need another to take it no later than 10:00 a.m.

Comment

Hello and Welcome bsygirl15!
          When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hey bsygrl15

Welcome! you're struggling with life complicated by this MonSter. The fatigue is one of the most debilitating sx..Have you had your thyroid checked?..that was a major contributing factor in my case.

I was single with 3 kids and was fortunate I could power through those days. I hope are able to find the strength also.

Take care
            Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Working...
            X