Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of new!

Hello everyone,

Glad to be part of the big family here. I guess after 5 1/2 years of joining this site maybe I should make myself known.

I was diagnosed in 1993 after my 1st symptom of optic neuritis appeared. That symptom completely cleared up, except occasional double vision looking far to my left side.

Since that time I have experienced new symptoms, some have come and gone and some have stayed. My right leg had started to drag, that stayed. Then my right hand became useless that has stayed.

Never realized these were actual relapses, just dealt with them. I have been told I was stoic by a few doctors. So now that brings me to now.

Sometime in August I fell in the bathroom trying to clean it up a bit, the stress from the fall made it impossible to get back up again. My legs became extremely spastic and I was unable to bend them on my own.

Luckily I had my wonderful wife here and my motorized wheel chair. So I got up and was able to use my chair to get around. About a month later I took another fall, tripping over a vacuum cord because I was unable to lift my leg enough to get over it.

So then around November, again I took a fall this time trying to get out of my chair. I started after that fall to have problems with my eyesight again. I thought my glasses were just dirty, but after cleaning them I was still having blurred vision.

So I decided maybe I should go to E.R and see whats up. Sure enough an MRI was scheduled and I had active lesions that confirmed a relapsed. So here I am now just waiting for this major relapse to hopefully pass.

Hello and Welcome jmiller61!

I'm glad you finally decided to join us! Wow, you've really had a tough time. I hope things settle down soon and that you don't get lasting effects from this relapse.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi jmiller61

Welcome! That is my mantra "pick up your feet"..I've tripped over a couple of curbs and even a line on the sidewalk
      Hope your relapse remits quickly! Welcome!!
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Working...
      X