No announcement yet.

Prayers Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update I got yesterday is that the babies are now 2 weeks and 2 days old and there mommy has been in ICU for 1 week and 2 days. They let them bring the babies to her yesterday and they laid them on her chest. Pete said he had to dry tears from her eyes and then his own!

She is moving her toes to voice commands and her right eye is open and focusing and her left eye opens part way. They are going to put a trek in and a more permanent feeding tube as she is developing sores from the tubes in her mouth.

So baby steps at a time she is progressing. Please keep the prayers coming.

Comment

WOW~ miracles can come in such small steps. Having those babies there are a major incentive! Please keep us informed..thank you so much.

My cousin was dying in the hospital a few years ago. Her family was called to say their good byes. Her young boys, 4 and 6yo were told to sing their momma a song. The only songs they knew were "You are my sunshine" and Happy Birthday. She also had tears in her eyes, but.. her blood pressure started to rise more normal and she LIVED!!
      The doctor had no reason for her to live.. claimed it a miracle!!

I'll continue to pray. My mom in heaven knows how much this mother needs those babies (and other children) and how they all need her. Sending angels all around~

Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Originally posted by MiSunderstood
        Wanted to add my prayers also.

And Jan, I think you write some of the most meaningful and heartfelt posts. Thank you for being here
        aww.. thanks, luv your user name.. sending you warm hugs~
        I believe in miracles~!

Comment

Lisa,

I read your request, and the info you provided about Pete, Erica and the children. I bowed my head and prayed that God let these children have their mother.
          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I've kept Erica & family in my prayers since I heard of this news through a friend. Small world we live in...being that of the Fort.

Sending them lots of love.

Comment

Lord, we know you are with us

Dear Lord, here is a new day you have given me in which to love you and to help others to love you. Above all things, help me to love and accept your holy will. Lord Jesus, in giving me this cross of my illness, it was your desire to bring me nearer to you Divine Heart. I want to bring others also to know you better, to love you more

Comment

i have only just seen this, it is an awful thing to happen especially when the safe arrival of new babes is such a happy event- we don't expect these kind of things to happen to mothers anymore - i am so glad there is positive news for the mom and i hope that the improvement continues and i am not surprised that there was such a reaction when the babes were put with mum- i have similar reactions myself- there is nothing stronger than the bond between mother and child/children

hoping and praying that the improvment continues and that this family can get on with a happy and healthy life together

Comment

Prayers are working! She got moved out of ICU and got to see all her children today! She only has the trech shield and a feeding tube now. Now she has to put in the hard work of get rehabilitation. Please keep the prayers coming, they are working! God is good!

Jane30 yes small world, do you attend the MS support group at the rehab hospital ever?

Comment

Funny how I was just thinking of you and Ericka earlier today.. thanks so much for the update!

I wonder if she could get on CaringBridge site so others could write to her and she'd see their posts?

It's just an idea.. more prayers coming..how is dad doing?
                    And all the kiddies?

Hugs to you for being so good to them~

Jan
                    I believe in miracles~!

Comment

Just prayed for Ericka, her husband, her children and those taking care of them. I am glad to hear she is improving and will continue to pray for all!!

Comment

I haven't attended the support group for quite some time, Lisa. I was a patient there a few months ago.

Glad to hear Erika is improving

Comment

Lisa- you're such a good friend and thanks for keeping us up to date! Prayers and good healing energy thoughts still coming through.
                          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

The latest news is that the she is getting PT and has been able to sit at the edge of the bed (supported), she is tracking with her eyes and turning her neck just a little. They are doing therapy to help keep her muscles working.

The other day when her children were up to see her she followed them with her eyes and turned her neck as much as she can.

Keep the prayers coming they are working.

Comment

YEAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!
                              Jan
                              I believe in miracles~!

Comment

Just got even better news she is being moved to a long term care facility tonight. They will continue therapy with her there. Pete is ever positive and can be an inspiration to anyone who needs it. I sent him a thank you today because through his situation and his eyes he has taught me again to enjoy all the little things. I joyfully put a band aid on my daughters invisible booboo as I know that any day things can change and that too could be taken away. I just have a new outlook on the little things!

Anyway Erica sat on the edge of her bed for 30 minutes today with the help of her 3 therapist.

This goes to show good things happen to good people!
                                Please keep the prayers coming!!

Comment

Working...
                                X