No announcement yet.

Prayers Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's just awesome! Thanks for the update and the reminder to enjoy the little things in life. Still in my prayers for a full recovery so she can get home to those babies!
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

This family is still in my prayers!
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Thank you Jesus

And thank you for posting about sitting up in her bed. I know that those girls aren't old enough yet to smile, but you made me smile. Thank you.

Comment

Here is tonights update from Pete in his own words. Another day of good news!

Erica update for Friday 4.19.13. Today I had a consultation meeting today with the staff here at Select. Meeting went well, everyone wants the same thing, to get Erica able to be moved to in-patient rehab. this is a good thing. Erica was in the cardiac chair twice today, first in the morning for 2 hours, then again this afternoon for 3. Erica is still working on moving that right arm. That seems to be her go to move. She was pretty alert today, but the chair really wore her out. We had a great therapist this afternoon that really put Erica through her paces. she said that she could feel Erica initiate a lot of the movements she was looking for.

That is not to say that Erica was able to do them, just that she gave muscle flex and an attempt when asked to make the moves. Drake was able to come up tonight as well, I think that was good for both of them, especially since she was sitting in the chair while he was up. He got to see his mom in a more natural state, and he got to see a little arm movement. all in all it was a pretty good day.

Once again I ask for prays to keep her strong and to heal her so she can get back to a couple princes, a couple princesses, and a court jester that need her back badly.

Comment

Drake, you are very, very important

Drake, I just want to remind you that you are very important. I know you help, but please realize, that a smile from you is very important. A smile from you will really help your mom with her recovery. And a smile from you will also help your dad with the millions of things that he is accomplishing. And you probably know how much those little girls appreciate a smile from you. Drake, I know you are being very well behaved. And we all very much appreciate all your help. Thank you Drake. You are awesome.

Comment

Extra prayers please!!

Erica update for Saturday 4.20.13. Erica was able to get in the cardio chair twice today. she was able to handle 2 hours each time. I was able to get out for a little while today with all of the kids. We went home for a while, the boys and I got hair cuts, grabbed some food, and came back up to the hospital for a visit. After our visit I dropped the kids back off at the in-laws and found out that while my mother in law was at the hospital (before I got the kids there), the rounding pulmonologist came by and told my mother-in-law that Erica has an infection, and that he has ordered some antibiotics. When I got back to the hospital, after some questions and calls, I found out that the infection is a lung infection and that a chest x-ray is ordered for the morning to make sure it is not pneumonia. Please keep Erica in your prayers that it is not pneumonia, she doesn't need to be fighting that right now.

Comment

Lisa,

Prayer on its way up!
                Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

praying for erica to be restored fully and extra strength for you and your family in this hard time

Comment

Great News Today!!!

Pete's update

Attention Facebook!!! I was going to wait, but I need to get out the Erica update for Monday 4.22.13. I send this out because today has already been a good day. We have had movement in Ericas right arm for a few days now. She has been pulling it across her body. Last night, with her elbow bent, she rotated her arm so that her forearm was raised like she was asking a question. Wrist and fingers still limp, but her arm raised up, and she held it.

This morning as I started to work range of motion with her LEFT arm, Erica squeezed my hand whith her Left hand, on command, three times in a row. Thats awesome you say....I agree, but there is more!

when Physical therapy was in this morning we had Erica laying on her back with her knees up and she was able to move her knees slightly in and out! amazing you say...I say the same! But could there be more? No, there can't be, but wait,....there is! We had Erica sitting on the edge of the bed today, dangling her feet. The therapist asked her to kick her right foot forward and she did...about 6 inches in front of her! Today has been an amazing day, and that was only the first session of the day! Keep the prayers coming! They are making her so strong!

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

Haven't posted an update in a while

Erica update for Friday 5.3.13. It must be a Friday aftera all. Jamie Jackson, your post today "One foot in front of the other is how I will roll." was rather prolific.

Today during Physical Therapy, Erica stood for another 5 minutes with the assist of the ARGO walker. Then the therapist said....heck with it. One therapist on each side of Erica, Ericas arms around their shoulders, Erica walked down to the nurses station. It was one heck of a production! They were not big steps, but the whole thing was a BIG step. AMAZING!

After her walk, speech therapy came in. After looking at some pictures, and making some associations, the speech therapist said heck with it as well. She wrote the names of all the kids down on sperate pieces of paper and spread them out on the table we had. She asked Erica "Who is the oldest?" Erica looked at Chase....she then asked who was the next oldest, Erica looked at Drake....then she asked which twin was born first...Erica said Lola....Wrong on that one, but when I corrected it, Erica laughed.

The big speech test today was simply reading words. The word "Grapefruit" was on one side of the table and "Garlic mashed potaotes" was on the other. Erica HATES grapefruit, and LOVES my garlic mashed. The therapist asked "Which one of these things to you hate to eat?" Erica looked at "Grapefruit"....then she flat out pointed to it. She has never poionted to anything up until today.

Then the therapist asked which one she loves to eat. Sure enough she pointed to the garlic mashed. I asked Erica how long she has been holding out on being able to point and she just laughed. After therapy, I had Erica outside for about an hour. At about 8:30, they removed Erica's catheter. Oh yeah, and the MRI came back good. No blood or fluid left on the brain. Fridays are good days for us lately.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

WOW Amazing!! Prayers are working, along with Ericka!

She's on her way~thanks so much for that update!

How are you?

Hugs, Jan
                        I believe in miracles~!
                        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

MJan Thanks for asking! I am doing pretty well I think. Actually I am feeling great this morning! I just am afraid to say it out loud!

Comment

I haven't posted an update in a while about Erica and just wanted everyone to know she is making wonderful progress. She has been moved to a rehab facility in Indy. She is communicating mostly by writing on a white board but recently said her first words after having her trac removed, she said I love you to Pete!

She is becoming more and more mobile and things are looking very positive.

Comment

Wow!

I have been reading through your amazing posts. It's awesome to me finding inspiration when I least expect it! Everyone is not going downhill slowly. Some are moving forward, maybe even faster, making positive strides. I am so happy for Erica! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
                              You can't stop washing your feet just because you're afraid you'll fall in the shower.

Comment

Working...
                              X