Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symptoms Returned After Almost 2 Years

Hi Everyone,

About 2 years ago my doctor thought I initially had MS. Symptoms included: memory loss, balance issues, difficulty speaking and understanding what people were saying to me, tingling feelings, loss of strength in hands, walking issues, etc. Saw a neurologist who said I haed a severe B12 deficiency and started me on weekly shots of B12. The issues practically disappeared overnight.

Fast forward to today and I am 16 months post op of full spinal fusion because my spine collapsed. I'm thankful I'm alive and no longer bed ridden with pain.

The past few months I've noticed some of the earlier issues resurfacing: balance issues, memory issues, strength issues, etc. The past several weeks, I notice these issues occurring closer and closer to my B12 shots which are done on Mondays. It used to be that I would start feeling bad by Sat or Sun, but this week, I feel bad today, the day after my B12 shot.

I'll make an appointment with my neurologist but I'm curious to know if I really have MS since the B12 shots are not working like they used to.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Warmly,
    Doreen

Hi Doreen, as you probably already know there are alot of conditions that can cause the symptoms you mentioned. You've already discovered one, B12 deficency. I think your on the right tract calling you neuro and let him do some more work-up. Take care Dale
    Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Still waiting to see Nero next week, but PCP tested B12 levels which show normal. Looks like B12 is no longer the culprit of my symptoms.

Comment

Working...
      X