Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm new here

Hi all.

I've not been officially diagnosed yet, but the neuro said there's really nothing else to do but wait for that at this point. I just got my MRI results, from the one I had last year to the one I just had, two new lesions are present, and one is still active.

I'm having a hard time even knowing what to think of all of this...and an even harder time explaining it to people. I don't know a single person with MS, and I would love to just sit down and ask a bazillion questions.

In a way I'm glad there's a good explanation of why these weird nerve things are happening to me, though from my current perspective this entire disease seems crazy and way too unpredictable for me to even get my mind around. I just feel like I'm sitting around waiting for another cranial nerve to crap out on me and there's nothing I can do about it. I feel powerless, and the sad part is is that it's my OWN self that causing the damage. Ugh.

Well, nice to "meet" you all, I'm off to start reading.

Hi javaaddict and a warm "java" welcome to the boards

I love cofffee too! Being this is all new to you, try to soak up good information and come here to ask questions - don't be shy!! We are quite a group of helpful people here all willing to offer support.

You might want to try reading up on the NMSS or MS Foundation or MSAA websites for accurate information. I'd try not to worrying about explaining to others until you yourself gain some education. Reading up will also help you gain some control when you feel powerless. As the saying goes, "knowledge is power"

We're all here to help, so come back often and take care of yourself!!!!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi javaaddict,

I just dropped in to say Hello and Welcome!

I understand your confusion, I was there a few months ago too. Like Seesha says, knowledge is power!

It's normal to go through tons of emotion and thoughts. We're all here for you!!!
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi Javaaddict and welcome to the site. A MS diagnosis is definitely a hard thing to come to terms with. Give your self time and try not to stress to much. Take care Dale
        Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Working...
        X