Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRY IT!!!

GREETINGS TO ALL!

I'VE BEEN SCARCE FOR ABOUT A MONTH~~~CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THE "EAT RIGHT FOR YOUR BLOOD TYPE" DIET AND AM FINDING THAT IT IS WORKING WONDERFULLY. THE NUMBNESS/TINGLING/BUZZING HAS MINIMIZED, THE SWIMMING IN MY HEAD HAS LESSENED, AND MY EMOTIONS ARE STABLE. HALLELUJAH!!!

THE PREMISE OF THE DIET IS THAT OUR BLOOD TYPE DETERMINES OUR RESPONSES TO THE SUBSTANCES WE INGEST. FOOD IS CATEGORIZED AS "BENEFICIAL", "NEUTRAL", OR "TO BE AVOIDED".

BENEFICIAL FOODS ARE THOSE WHICH NOURISH AND ENRICH OUR BODIES. NEUTRAL FOODS BEHAVE JUST AS FOOD, AND THOSE TO BE AVOIDED ACT AS POISONS IN OUR SYSTEM.

INCREDIBLY INTERESTING AND VERY APPLICABLE TO THOSE OF US WITH IMMUNOCOMPROMISED HEALTH.

CHECK IT OUT!!!

I would love to 'TRY IT'. I don't know what I need to change ,but I would. You are saying a lot of what I have been working towards. And if it is pertaining to diet. I am curious if you discovered something that I have missed. Please elaborate !

Comment

I am glad you are excited about the benefits you have seen. However, the improvement you have experienced can also be the "remission" part of the disease process.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I've heard of many research in which dairy and meat can be a factor in causing these so called "modern diseases"

I've been vegan for about a year after my dx
        and so far, no attacks. I only eat all-natural, mostly organic foods and I do believe this diet is helping me out in some way.

But of course, it should not be a substitute to your treatments

A combination of exercise, diet, treatment, and happy thinking will help deter the effects of MS

Comment

diet

i do agree that the "remission" phase could certainly apply to my scenario, but if i can change my behavior/lifestyle and experience improvements/benefits, why not?

Dr. Peter J D'Adamo is the author of the book "Eat Right For Your Blood Type". There is also a smart-phone app which can assist you in your grocery shopping trips.

one of my purposes at this time in my life is to LIVE in spite of the diagnosis of MS and learn from others enduring the same. during this process, hopefully i'll help others who can then in turn pay it forward.

let's do this!

Comment

Hello Shaden,

That sounds very interesting, and im glad you are actually feeling better... Can you please share with us the details of this "diet"? It will mean alot

wish you all the best
            Ibrahim
            A smile and a positive attitude Bring it on MS

Comment

Very inspiring words!

Together, we can not only "survive," but DEFEAT this disease!

Comment

search engine

ikassis,

Use any search engine (google, bing, dogpile, etc.) on the internet and you can read up on this diet.
                God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

It seems like any of the name diets can be helpful for MSers because they ALL recommend eating a lot of vegetables and real healthy food and not sugar and processed junk food. I think that's the basis for why they work, with any "magical combinations" (if there are any) just an added benefit.

Comment

Similar Diet

I am PPMS - 3 years since DX.

I also follow a similar blood type diet. Instead of going with a book or the internet, I went to a Naturopathic Doctor. She did a history then I went for very comprehensive blood tests and urinalysis.

I was then given a detailed diet which listed foods that are good for me. Anything outside of the list was to be avoided.

In short, acidic vegetables, night shade vegetables (peppers), red meat, cow dairy and obviously sugar should be avoided. This may seem limiting but in reality, I just shifted the way I eat so that it focuses on poultry, goat dairy, vegetables that are ok for me and also ancient grains (spelt,...). It's actually great. The one challenge is when I eat out or have a meal at a friend's house. It's not the end of the world to deviate from the diet from time to time. Most of my family have participated in this diet so it's not a problem eating there.

In addition to the food list is a bunch of guidelines to also help with metabolism:

1 - Start each day with a warm glass of water. This gets the metabolism working.

2 - Start each meal by having 2 or 3 bites of protein first. This slows metabolism so that you don't get hungry between meals. Then eat the rest as normal.

3 - Finish each meal with an apple sized fruit (warm). You should never start a meal with fruit or fruit juice because it causes a spike in glucose which is bad.

4 - Allow 4 hours between meals and 4 hours before bedtime without food. This allows your metabolism to go through the cycle without interruption. Also, your metabolism should not be working hard while you sleep.

5 - If you can't make it without food between meals, you should have a handful of nuts followed by an apple sized fruit.

At my first visit with the N-Doc, she asked me what my ideal weight would be and I said 165. In the back of my mind, I was laughing and thinking there is no way. I've been 200lbs most of my adult life. Well, within 8 weeks of following the diet, I was at 160lbs. I've been between 160 and 165 ever since (over a year now).

This has had many positive results. I'm lighter so it's easier to get around and I just feel better. I also feel better about myself which is great!

I've also done other things to help this along:

1 - Had CCSVI 1 year ago
                    2 - I take LDN 2 years
                    3 - I had in home physio for 6 months and now I do it on my own.
                    4 - I swim twice a week in the winter. I get enough exercise in the summer without swimming.
                    5 - I speak with a counsellor once a week for metal health reasons (I'm ok but this certainly helps).

All in all, the way I see it is that MS is attacking me from all directions so I need to counter-attack from all directions. Sadly, my tradition health team (who are fantastic!) have never talked to me about diet. This also applies to health care in general. It seems that diet is rarely discussed - but instead give the person a pill. To me this is wrong.

Here is the program website:

My N-Doc is the Canadian spokesperson for the program.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Comment

Hey Madison s Dad,
                      I just saw your post from 3/25. I am also PPMS and am trying to use diet because there isn't anything in the DMD world. Please post your email in your profile. I would like to write to you and compare notes. Your 'blood type' diet is intriguing. I also see a naturopath who believes that if I get myself on the right diet and take off a 'good' 20-25 lbs., I would benefit, massively. My email is in my profile under user CP. Thanks

Comment

greetings to all!!!

just wanted to stop by and thank everyone for sharing...i'm becoming a better student with you all as resources.

i have a question regarding symptoms...i have been awakened nightly for the last month with leg cramps. prior to this, i've had maybe 2 "charlie~horses" in my life. my electrolytes are fine, and my activity has not changed significantly. i drink one cup of coffee with honey and creme in the morning, then have water and green tea throughout the remainder of the day. my diet otherwise consists of salads, veggies, salmon, lamb and turkey. i do occasionally indulge in a chocolate chip muffin from Dunkin Donuts, heheeheee.

any thots???

Comment

If you are experiencing muscle problems, I would look for a deficiency of some sort. I have my blood tested for vitamin D, B-12 and magnesium every 6 months or less. I would question my calcium levels, too. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                          X