New to Forum, seeking support :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Forum, seeking support :)

I thought i had already made an introduction post. But here it goes again.
    I have neurologist appt on the 1st of May. I am going to try and expedite that, i can barely type this, right side of body terribly afflicted with paralysis, i know its not stroke.
    I have presented with signs and symptoms of MS for over 20 years, had one MRI in 04, all was clear then, but think a more current one is in order, with contrast, and possibly spinal tap would be in order too.
    I know not stroke, as it effects each side on a daily basis, sometimes both.
    I was thinking bad bout of sciatica, but that does not effect entire side of body.
    I have absolutely every symptom of MS going on right now.

I am trying to calm down, but am in extreme pain right now. I have therapist appt at 4 pm today and have no idea how i am going to get there. I am going through a divorce right now, and need all the support and kind words i can get.
    I have dropped 85 pounds since last july. I am 5'3 and currently weigh 140 pounds, would like to drp an additonal 15 pounds to equal a total loss of 100 pounds total.
    I am currently sitting on a heating pad for relief of buttock pain, and ice on my lumbar region.

I have pain killers and relaxants, and nothing is helping.
    My doctors are strongly suggesting I apply for disability. Am afraid ex will think i am being lazy. But that is not the case, I have been trying to better myself for nearly a year now, unable to obtain employment.
    I know my post here is all over the place, partly due to the fact i am in extreme acute pain right now.
    Questions are, how have some of you applied for ssi?
    Are my symptoms severe enough to try to request getting in to neurologist sooner?
    symptoms at this moment are:

What appears to be sciatica switching from side to side daily, often on both sides. Bu not only effecting the lower extremities but entire side of body effected one which ever side is afflicted that day, including facial numbness on which ever side is inflicted that day. Currently today is affecting right side of body.
    I am experiencing cognitive difficulties, and am having difficult time driving my car when right side is afflicted.
    I am experiencing nerve pain, as well as spastic muscle pain as well.
    These symptoms are not new, but in last two weeks, have completely taken over my whole life.

Til two weeks ago i was exercising at least 30 minutes a day cardio in addition to stretching each day religiously, and even in the current extreme acute pain i am in , i continue to stretch daily, as it only thing that lessens the pain, and i cannot sit for any length of time or stand in one place very long. walking slowly seems to be only salvation at this moment.
    Just tried to take warm bath, and could not tolerate the heat, and that's when the acute pain just started when got out of tub, luckily no one is home, as i have been screaming out loud, as the pain is unbearable at the moment.

I cannot even think clearly at the moment, trying to take deep breaths and calm down.
    I have a severe form of IC ( Interstitial Cystitis), which gyno is convinced that it is due to sacral injuries to my spine. Pain management doctor, say my ct scan is prob not showing the real truth as to what is occurring in my spine, as I am unable to get an MRI, due to the fact i have whats basically a pacemaker for the bladder in me, precluding me from getting a proper look at spinal issues.
    To the best of his knowledge what is showing on ct scan is severe stenosis, and other things that i have no idea what they mean, but yesterday he emailed me that the ct scan is likely down playing the severity of my issues, and my issues are prob much worse then ct scan is providing.
    Any thoughts suggestions for me right now would be greatly appreciated

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Hi gloobylube and welcome to MSWorld

In reading your post I am wondering why you believe your dealing with MS. Have you had a doctor suggest MS as a possibility?

Your CT scans indicated, from what you have written, a problem with the spine (stenosis) and possibly more issues. If any of those spine problems are impringing on the nerves you can have neurological symptoms/problems.

MS affects the spinal cord not the vertebrae.

I am sorry you are in so much pain, hope you get answers soon
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Question?/

Hi Snoopy ( love that name).
      To answer your question, yes MS has been mentioned as a possible dx many times throughout my life.
      I do def agree the nerves being impinged in my back are def related to how much extreme pain I am in.
      However the baffling part if any one has a clue, idea or suggestion, is since i do not present with cervical spine issue, why is the entire side that is afflicted on which the supposed sciatica is afflicting that particular day, that even the face goes numb, and arm and hand, very painful, that is basically the question I am trying to address here.
      I realize no one here( or maybe there are) is a doctor, and anything you all suggest, i would of course not take that as a dx by any means.
      Just seeking thoughts on why and how can sciatica affect the entire side of body? From the best of my knowledge the sciatic nerve starts somewhere in the lumbar region, so it doesn't seem reasonable for the pain and numbness to affect the entire side head to foot??
      Have more questions, will try and address in proper forum, thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions that i may bring up to neurologist when i see him.
      God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Working...
      X