No announcement yet.

Coming at you from the hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What great news Cupcakes!! I bet that hug fest with your daughter is the "carrot before you" to keep plugging away with the PT. So glad you're checking in too. We're all pulling for you! Take care
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hang in there Cupcakes. Progress may take a while, but keep up with the PT.

As others have said, we're pulling for you!

Bree

Comment

Great news abot seeing your daughter on Sunday! Have fun and get lots of hugs.

I'm also hoping the rehab helps you to continue to improve.
        Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Hello again everyone. Yep still in the hospital. Doing alot more pt and ot than before. And spending time in a wheelchair, too. I still can't stand/transfer without maximum assistance, but everyone keeps saying that I'm getting stronger. Unfortunately, the floor's doc referenced 'next week' and 'two weeks' when he saw me today. Ugh, I want to go home. Logically I know that I can't go home yet, but... Well, at least I know they're not going to kick me out anytime soon. Hope everyone else is well.
          Diagnosed December 20, 2011
          Avonex: February 10, 2012 - March 16, 2013
          Tysabri: June 28, 2013 - May 23, 2014
          Betaseron: August 15, 2014 - March 10, 2015
          Aubagio: June 18, 2015 - current

Comment

Hi Cupcakes!

Keep up the good work! You're getting all the help you need while you're in there. I know that being away from home and family is hard but you are where you need to be, for now.

I'm mostly in my wheelchair now but I'm practicing standing against my dresser. My legs are getting stronger. My PT is happy! I cheated and tried to walk with my walker. I DID IT!!!. Just a few steps, but it's a good start.

I'm telling you this because, as you know, like you, I was bedridden just a few months ago.

You can do it! Work hard girl! . You've had lots of progress so far and it will only get better.

Thanks for the update, I always look forward to hearing from you.

Chin up! . And keep in touch.
            When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Originally posted by CaroleL View Post
              Hi Cupcakes!

Keep up the good work! You're getting all the help you need while you're in there. I know that being away from home and family is hard but you are where you need to be, for now.

I'm mostly in my wheelchair now but I'm practicing standing against my dresser. My legs are getting stronger. My PT is happy! I cheated and tried to walk with my walker. I DID IT!!!. Just a few steps, but it's a good start.

I'm telling you this because, as you know, like you, I was bedridden just a few months ago.

You can do it! Work hard girl! . You've had lots of progress so far and it will only get better.

Thanks for the update, I always look forward to hearing from you.

Chin up! . And keep in touch.
              WOW Carole.. YOU are a source of inspiration and hope.!! Best to you both! My hope is that you reach the optimal recovery~

Jan
              I believe in miracles~!
              2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
              Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Congratulations Carole! Hearing (um reading) that you are able to use a walker now just gives my spirits a lift. Thank you for sharing. I'm so glad that someone with this MonSter can get un-bedridden (is that even a word?). I hope that you continue to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by mjan View Post
                  WOW Carole.. YOU are a source of inspiration and hope.!! Best to you both! My hope is that you reach the optimal recovery~

Jan
                  DITTO here. Jan you and Carole are the bright beacons in the message boards. I am smiling right now...it is because of you both
                  Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Fishhead... HUGS! .

LostCupcakes, thinking of you... Xoxo

Jan...

Comment

Hi Cupcakes! Just checking in to see how you are doing! We haven't forgotten about you and are anxious to hear how the pt and ot are going. Do you feel like you're gaining on it and feeling stronger?

Let us know cuz we care! Hugs to you
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Have I told you how much I love your user name?

I also want you to know you are VERY much still on my mind and heart.. never, ever forgotten!!!

Keep your sights on getting out of there, seeing your daughter soon!!

Any time soon to see your daughter again?

Hugs, my dear one~

Jan
                        I believe in miracles~!

Comment

Two days ago I was informed in a roundabout way that pt has recommended I go to an assisted living facility.

i don't know how I'm going to tell my family. My daughter.

I've been crying for two days

Comment

Oh dear, I can understand why you feel disappointed and are crying. BUT to me, that means your recovery is up another level. It is!! What I do not understand is who would pay for it. Assisted living is usually, your own apartment, (more freedom) but staff checks on your several times a day to make sure you have not fallen etc.

So your daughter could visit there more freely..

But again, it is very costly..

Hang in there.. sending you a loving, warm, yet gentle HUG~

Jan
                            I believe in miracles~!

Comment

I'm so sorry LostCupcakes! No wonder you're so upset! Don't forget one thing though, that's only one opinion! And it wasn't a firm one.

Don't stop fighting! Maybe you're not moving like you want to but nothing says you won't be in a few months! DON'T GIVE UP!!!

If you do end up in a facility, you'll deal with it then. In the meantime your focus should be on getting better. An emotional upheaval can distract us from our goals.

Be you... Be all that you can be... Wherever you may be! And always know that being you is good enough!

Thinking of the future is always unsettling, for anyone. Try as much as you can to live in the moment. We all know how MS can affect our bodies differently from one day to the next, so take care of today only.

Nobody can predict where you'll be, but you can predict that you will do you best, and that's all that can be asked of you.

My prayers are with you during this difficult time. We're all rooting for you!

Huge HUGS!!!!

Carole xoxoxoxoxo

Comment

I can't find anywhere to go! I'm too young. I was hoping to find someplace closer to my family so my daughter can visit more often (I'm so far away that I only see her once a week), but I can't find anywhere that will accept me. Frustrated and tired of calling places.

Comment

Working...
                                X