No announcement yet.

Coming at you from the hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been steadily going downhill this past year. I had a flare about 6 months ago, but didn't have any insurance at the time so was forced to ride it out. Not fun. Now on county insurance i can only go to certain doctors and they have so many patients they can't care/remember them. The nurses at the hospital here are wonderful, very knowledgeable and caring. I guess that sometime today a doctor will come talk to me...?
    Diagnosed December 20, 2011
    Avonex: February 10, 2012 - March 16, 2013
    Tysabri: June 28, 2013 - May 23, 2014
    Betaseron: August 15, 2014 - March 10, 2015
    Aubagio: June 18, 2015 - current

Comment

Cupcakes,

I'm fairly new to this but, unless I'm wrong, Avonex may have been working just fine for you.

There is no way to know how many flares or active lesions you might have had if you hadn't been using that DMD.

Also, the 1 time I did a 5 day steroid run, I didn't feel any different days 1-5, felt flu-like days 6-8, then felt heavenly for the next month or two. Give steroids time. They are intended to reduce inflammation. That can't happen instantaneously.

Hope you feel better soon. Prayers....
      Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
      Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

The hospital's neuro came by and said I'm done with steroids, and he got me an appt for monday with the neuro who put me on avonex (because he's familiar with my case). Right now I'm just stuck waiting to see where I go next. He's checking if there's a bed available on the floor that helps people with therapy more, or I may go to a rehab center. Either way I can't go home since I can't transfer at all so it's dangerous.

Comment

Thanks for the update, LostCupcakes~ It's good to hear that you will be there longer for therapy - or get it at a rehab center. They are taking you seriously and that's a good thing. (although you probably wish you were back home)

Hang in there and continue to keep us posted. We care
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Lostcupcakes,

We are rooting for you. Get better, hun!!
            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Still waiting to hear where I'm going. Since I only have insurance for the county hospital, all rehab places have to check for "charity beds" and so far none are available. So I have no idea what's going to happen to me. My legs still won't work at all and I'm very weak. I haven't managed to stand for more than a minute so far, and that's with me holding onto a walker and two pt holding on to me.

Comment

Praying for a quick and complete recovery!

Comment

{{{ HUGS TO YOU }}}}

So glad you are able to "talk" to us while in the hospital. Waiting and wondering is not fun!

Did you actually hit your head? You mentioned stitches. Concussions can be tricky sometimes.

I know you do not like this uncertainty. Know that a T19 bed in a rehab facility (nursing home) does not make you "less" in any way. You are not treated "less" or as a charity. Worked in many of these facilities and saw no difference. Hopefully you will not be there long. Your insurance just does not reimburse as much as private ins. That is no way your fault at all.

You are now in my thoughts and prayers. Write us as much as you can. I personally, will be there for you. So remember, you are not alone, we care and will walk this journey along side you..

Keep us informed.
                  I believe in miracles~!
                  2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                  Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Hi Lostcupcakes,

I know it's no fun but it seems that you're being well cared for. Go to the rehab centre if you can! I don't walk at all and I'm just managing to transfer to w/c.

Accept with grace any treatment you can get. The important thing is you. And you know we're here for you too!

Thinking of you and giving you a huge HUG!
                    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Yes and huge ((Hugs)) and good thoughts from me too! We're all rooting for you!
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you everyone for being so kind and supportive!

Since it's past dinnertime I guess my fate won't be decided until tomorrow. No indication which way they're going to go either. I'm just waiting to see where they put me (and when). All I know for sure is that I can't go home and they won't make me. Everyone here at the hospital has been wonderful. The nurses and techs are great. And even though I have a roommate, she's been great too. So here's hoping and praying that the next place I go to is at least this good.

Comment

Originally posted by mjan View Post
                          Did you actually hit your head? You mentioned stitches. Concussions can be tricky sometimes.
                          Yes, I fell friday night and hit my head. My glasses cut a line under my eyebrow that gifted me with 9 stitches. But, I was relatively fine on saturday, just sore. But, my real problems weren't until sunday. Even after having days to think about it, I only remember a few random moments of that day. I wasn't really aware until monday morning. That was a bit of a shock to awake and find myself in the hospital! The docs decided that I didn't have a concussion and I was "only having a flare". (I disagree with the word "only"!)

Comment

Well relax for tonight. Glad you are receiving good treatment now. Trust me, they are "Hustling" behind the scenes trying to find a place for you and cannot discharge you until they do find a place.

Secondly, trust your instinct. MINE is saying you just could've had a concussion or..a seizure of some type that caused you to fall. Hmm.. sorry.. it's probably just me.

Thanks for ALL the updates!

Jan
                            I believe in miracles~!

Comment

Another update...

They can't find anywhere that will take me. Thankfully the docs decided that it's not safe for me to leave yet so they're keeping me here for the time being. I knew it wasn't safe, but it was really up in the air for a bit about whether they agreed and would keep me. After this morning's pt, the doc said I'd stay until something changes. The problem is that there's no pt here on the weekend, and if no place will take me to help me with more intense pt then what am I supposed to do? I'm still here at least. Still at the hospital. Just waiting.

Comment

Okay.. LostCupcakes focus on today and that someone is taking good care of you. It is up to the hosptial to look for a place for you.. so allow them to do their job.. and do not expend your needed "healing energy" on worrying.. try ok hon?

They WILL find a place.. so lay there and picture your new place and the good care you'll receive.

In the meantime, we're here for you.. always!

Hugs, Jan
                                I believe in miracles~!

Comment

Working...
                                X