Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Newbie

Hi folks.

I was diagnosed 2 months ago. I don't have many symptoms yet. Just some jerking in the left shoulder and fingers that move involuntarily. Makes typing tough sometimes. I am 48, live in a 2-story house in Wisconsin, with my wonderful man and our two sweet dogs. I started treatment with Copaxone 6 weeks ago.

I've only read a little on the forums, but have already read enough bad experiences to be grateful for the care I receive at the VA Medical Center, Madison. I was in the Navy for 11 years. I have service connected disability for depression and migraines.

I love country music. I used to be really into home improvement, but have really burned out on that. I still have many small projects to finish in the house.

I have some family living nearby. My father and one sister, her husband and daughter. My other sister lives in Houston, but just bought a summer place near us. My brother lives in Indiana. I get to see him a few times a year. Mostly in the summer. I am the youngest child in my family. I have no children. My mother died of lung cancer several years ago. I still miss her.

I don't really know what else to say right now. I just wanted to be part of the community. It looks like there are many very caring people here.

Cindy
    Cindy
    dx RRMS Nov 2012
    Copaxone started March 2013

Welcome Cindy: We are happy you joined and introduced yourself! I was on copaxone for many years and loved it.

Please check out our chat rooms too, and jump right in to the Q & A of the boards! Even though you say you have few symptoms you may have questions, or may have answers for other newbies on the newly diagnosed/limbo board.

Was your diagnosis quick or a long time in coming?

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Hi Cindy, just wanted to say welcome to this site. I hope you'll come by often for information and support. Take care Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Nice to meet you Cindy and welcome! You are right in that we have a wonderful and caring community here! And very knowledgeable people willing to share information as well as their personal experiences.

I hope you come back often to share as well. Explore all the forums and ask lots of questions. As 22cyclist mentioned, we also have a chat room. Here is a link for the schedules if you are interested. http://msworld.org/chatroom_info

I was also on Copaxone for years. Hope you do as well on it as I did. Take care!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello and Welcome Cindy!
          When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Welcome Cindy,

There are a lot of good people here wanting to help and share information. I know I've learned a lot in the little bit of time I've been here (although I'm not officially dx'd yet)

Good luck with Copaxone.

Bree

Comment

My diagnoses took about a year. I had an mri for another resolved issue. That is when they found the 2 lesions. I developed the jerking. My lp was negative so they did not say MS right away. A subsequent MRI showed the lesions had grown some. The neurologists finally decided it was MS. I now see a nurse practitioner and neurologists specializing in MS. I have an MRI and see the doctor on the 26th.
              Cindy
              dx RRMS Nov 2012
              Copaxone started March 2013

Comment

Hi Cindy

Welcome!..glad to meet you
                Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Working...
                X