ANOTHER QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANOTHER QUESTION

HI....I HAVE BEEN ON THIS A LOT LATELY....I HAVE BEEN STRESSING OUT MY DAUGHTER LATELY. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO STOP IT.....PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING THAT WOULD HELP ME NOT TAKE MY HEALTH PROBLEMS OUT ON MY DAUGHTER?

I'm so sorry for all the trouble your having! I've been reading your posts and people have already given you a lot of good advice. I think maybe now you should get a coach to help you? Somebody who can watch you and support you and help you plan and practice how to do all those things. I think that people who get good at things have teachers and coaches to help them. They don't just read about it they practice and get feedback and practice some more and get better and better.

Relationships take some work to get better. If you talked to a counselor every week it could be like going to school and practicing better ways to deal with your health problems so you wouldn't have to take them out on your daughter. The thing is you can't just read about how to do it. You have to actually DO it and it sounds like that's where you keep getting stuck. And we know your stuck cuz you keep asking the same questions over and over.

I think some of us with MS try to do waaaay too much ourselves. It doesn't sound like your doing very well by yourself and that makes me sad. So maybe if you had a coach or a counselor or a therapist you could have someone there who could help you practice and get better with your relationships?

Comment

I just love and admire that you never, ever give up trying to solve the complex relationship problems that come with MS, with a teen daughter, and with parents you depend.

I admire you so much for that, and I realize from your previous posts that your sx's and limitations are significient and they are minimized by those who love you.

I think that may be true because you don't fully understand your own limitations. If you don't fully understand, it is impossible for you to effecively communicate your limitations with those who love you. You are frustritated and your loved ones frustritated based what you have posted here.

I love you for never, ever giving up and always asking for advice and help.

I wish I could be more helpful.

Comment

Your love for your daughter does show as you're reaching out trying to figure out a way to improve the relationship.

I also have a daughter who's a senior in high school. In the best of circumstances parent/teenager relationships can be trying at times.

But you and your family are dealing with A LOT of stress caused by MS.

Others have made great suggestions. Perhaps someone can confirm this, but do the local MS chapters have meetings available for family members of MSers? Maybe meetings for teens / young adults of parents with MS who can get together to talk? Just an idea.

I do hope you're able to find a way to communicate with your daughter that makes you happy.

All the best,
        Bree

Comment

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE ADVICE BUT I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION

IS THEIR A TYPE OF COUNSELOR THAT I COULD DO ONLINE? IF SO DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GO ABOT THAT?

Comment

Working...
          X