Working during application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working during application

I have applied for my Social Security disability benefit and am now waiting for a (rejection) decision. Am I allowed to work (within the financial limits) whilst waiting for the decision? Will this influence their decision?

Best.

Typically, you can't be working and at the same time too disabled to work, it's one or the other.

Yes, working during the SSDI application period will influence the decision for the above stated reason.

After SSDI approval and a period of long term disability, you will be encouraged to return to work under various SSDI return to work programs aimved at the long term disabled, with earnings limitations, etc.

I collected unemployment benefits while I was waiting for SSDI approval. It's a bit of a contridiction because in order to be eligible for Unemployment Benefits, you must declare that you are able and available for work.

I was a single working woman. I adopted a newborn child, who was a toddler when my disabling MS sx's started. My child and I were facing the worst possible financial crisis imaginable, and I believe that is the reason Unemployment benefits I received during the SSDI approval process were forgiven due to extreme hardship.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X