been here before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been here before

HI....I BEEN HERE BEFORE BUT I HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION.....HOW DO YOU MANAGE LIVING WITH MS?

I don't have a choice... which aspect of life with MS are you referring to? Physical, financial, emotional, etc.
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Yeah, I know ** but I don't have a choice. Financially, I live on SSDI and a disability payment from my last job. I watch a lot of tv because I am so fatigued all of the time. I go to doctor's appointments and physical therapy. And when I can get motivated I do some housework. My wife has a clerk job and is the 'breadwinner'. More like 'crumb' winner. This is the best I can expect as of now. I search and pray for the medical world to come up with a 'cure'. Good luck
      **per policy #4 KEEP IT CLEAN**

Comment

I DON'T KNOW. BEEN DIAGNOSED 4 1/2 YEARS, HAD MS MUCH LONGER, AND I JUST DON'T KNOW. SOME DAYS I'M POSITIVE AND SOME DAYS I'M VERY DEPRESSED AND NEGATIVE.

HAD A DREAM LIFE AND IT'S GONE, HAVE 3 WONDERFUL CHILDREN, SO I'M VERY GRATEFUL.

IT'S VERY OVER WHELMING, AND SOMETIMES I DON'T HANDLE THIS DISEASE THE WAY I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE HANDLE A GREAT ADVERSITY IN MY LIFE. I'VE BEEN DISAPPOINTED IN MYSELF BECAUSE I'M KNOWN AS A VERY STRONG PERSON, BUT THIS DISEASE HAS BROUGHT ME TO MY KNEES AT TIMES, A LOT OF TIMES.

ALWAYS THOUGHT I WOULD BE AN EXAMPLE AND INSPIRATION TO EVERYONE IF I EVER HAD A CATASTROPHIC ILLNESS AND WOULD BE BRAVE AND COURAGOUS BUT I'M NOT. I THOUGHT I WOULD BE LIVING ALL THOSE GREAT "CATCH PHRASES" EVERYONE USES ABOUT OVERCOMING DIVERSITY AND BEING STRONG AND MENTALLY TAKING ON ALL THE CHALLENGES THAT GOES WITH IT.

BUT I'M AFRAID I'VE FALLEN SHORT. SOMETIMES I'M JUST A BIG WHINEY BABY. BUT THE SUN COMES UP IN THE MORNING AND I MAKE IT THROUGH ANOTHER DAY. MAYBE IT WILL BE GOOD, MAYBE IT WILL STINK.

THAT'S THE ONLY WAY I KNOW TO DO IT. ONE DAY AT A TIME. I HAVEN'T FOUND A BOOK THAT TEACHES YOU HOW TO DO IT. SO JUST KNOW THAT THERE IS A BETTER DAY THAN TODAY OUT THERE FOR YOU.

WHEN IT'S A ROTTEN, MISERABLE DAY IT'S HARD TO SEE THE GOOD DAY OVER THE HORIZON BUT I PROMISE YOU IT'S THERE. JUST HANG IN THERE, THERE ARE A WHOLE BUNCH OF US IN THE SAME BOAT AND WE'RE ALL PULLING FOR YOU. YOU CAN DO IT.

Comment

one day at a time

Some days I get up and it's 'gee that's new' and others days its 'gee I feel good' and other days it's 'gee - I am NOT going to be able to get up yet (or at all)'. I live my life as best I can with what I have to work with.

I'm lucky to have a job that I can still do. I have a great bf who is very supportive. I come here when the going gets too tough because here is the place I have truly found people who 'get it'.

I try to concentrate my efforts on the things I can do rather than dwelling on the things I can't. It just frustrates me and I don't want to go through life angry all the time. I have the occassional self pity party and then keep on doing what I can. One day at a time, every day, all the time.

One day, noone will have to deal with this horrible MonSter and it will be a distant memory in the history of the human race. I pray for it, I believe it. Every day, one day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
            I don't have a choice... which aspect of life with MS are you referring to? Physical, financial, emotional, etc.

all aspect of ms....

Comment

Just one day at a time. Doing things at my own pace and not over-committing is something I had to learn the hard way. If there's a shortcut, I WILL find it. Most importantly, the world won't end if my house is messy, dinner is take-out or there's no clean towels.

I found that lowering my own expectations of myself and not raising my expectations of others has helped immensely. I feel more in control of myself this way.

Please know that I have been dx 7 years and it took lots of trial and error to come to this method of coping. I think I spent the first 6 wondering why I never got that "second wind" if I pushed through something! I hope this helped you a bit.

Jen
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

THANK YOU EVERYONE....I KNOW THAT IT IS NEVER GOING TO GET EASIER BUT THAT IS WHAT IS HARD FOR ME

Comment

Working...
                X