New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Hi everyone! I was diagnosed with Relapsing Remittance M.S. back in May of 2012. This diagnosis came 2 days after celebrating my 5 years of battling Stage IV Lung Cancer. Talk about being shocked by the M.S.is an understatement. Like my cancer I have taken this new challenge on. Not happy about it but what options do any of us have. I am 46 years old and live in the suburbs outside of Chicago. I have one black lab who is my comfort when I need some loving. I am coming up on my 1 year mark of having been diagnosed and like my lung cancer, I decided I need some support to get me through the rough times and to have fun during the good times. I was never suppose to live past my first year of lung cancer diagnosis, but I had to prove them wrong. Now I hope that in some way that I have many years yet to come that are great.
    Maribeth

Maribeth: Welcome to MSWorld! I am so glad that you came here for support. You have been through so much I bet you thought MS is the last thing I need on top of all of this. It sounds like you are a really positive person, which I am sure helped get you through the cancer.

I hope you will check out our boards and chat rooms. We are lucky to have you here!

Talk to you soon
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Hello and Welcome Maribeth!

Congratulations on being a cancer survivor!

Sorry about the MS diagnosis but you'll make it through this.

You've come to the right place for support, were all making it through this by being here to support and guide each other. Welcome to the bunch!
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Maribeth Hi, Thank you for bringing you strength and determination to this site. We are all here to support one another. Take care Dale
        Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

survivor here too...

Hi Maribeth and welcome! I am a 12 year breast cancer survivor and was diagnosed about 2 1/2 years ago with MS. I had thought that with the BC I had dodged the MS bullet that has caught several of my family members, but no such luck.

I too was pretty shocked by the diagnosis and am just now beginning to think there is life out there for me to grab. My health is pretty good and so far the MS has been mild (knock wood).

I just had my eyes checked today and had a baseline OCT test done with my new optometrist (who seems to be VERY good). Still shows some thinning of my affected optic nerve from when I was diagnosed, but overall a great eye exam!

Stop by and let us know how you are doing...

Andi

Comment

Husband

Hello Maribeth,
            My name is Marc and my Wife Rhonda was diagnosed with MS 25 years ago. July 2010 she was then diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer and given 2 months to live. She has been in remission going on 3 years now. She keeps a positive outlook and enjoys life everyday. The medicines and technology that are out there are amazing. Stay positive and with great support from this site you will find great support. Have a great night!

Marc

Comment

Working...
            X