1 Year Today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Year Today!!

Living with MS one year today! (Well probably longer....but diagnosed 1 year ago today) So glad that I feel good most of the time.

Happy Anniversary! Glad you faired the first year well. Hoping for many more.
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

That is great! After my first flare which then turned into a diagnosis, it was another 11 years before I had a major attack.
      Karen

Comment

It's not easy

You're very lucky. I will so happy.

Comment

Congrats on your 1 yr

I am new and wonder if you were placed on diet, or meds or what treatment and did it help you feel better this past year after your diagnosis?

I was just diagnosed 1 week today and wonder what is ahead.

Have a blessed day. Would appreciate your experience and wisdom of the past year.

Dee

Comment

Originally posted by dcfelix View Post
            I am new and wonder if you were placed on diet, or meds or what treatment and did it help you feel better this past year after your diagnosis?

I was just diagnosed 1 week today and wonder what is ahead.

Have a blessed day. Would appreciate your experience and wisdom of the past year.

Dee
            I had every fear in the world when I was first diagnosed. I thought that it meant that I would be in a wheelchair within months or that I would just go downhill so fast that I would lose all control

None of this happened...my fears were just fears. It does take some time to find the med that will work best for you. I started with injecting my self with Avonex. This med was not for me. I ended up in the hospital several times in just a few months.

I next tried Tysabri and it has been my life saver!!
            Just know that everone with this is different and that everyone reponds to each treatment in a different way.

It just takes time to find the right treatment....be willing to go through a few ups and downs during this time. Educate yourself and always ask questions. Just keep in mind that everyone with MS has a differnt journey

I have an active 6 yr old, I teach school full time, clean house.....all the things I"ve always done. Some days I just do things slower or only focus on only what has to be done. Some days I go full steam! Listen to your body and when it is calling for rest...give your body rest

I pray that your journey is a comfortable one and that you find what works for you quickly.

Comment

I too have been DX'd a year sense last Feburary1. It has been a roller coaster of a ride. It was a sudden onset of weakness and doable vision that this Monster made it's presents known to me. The Nero I see, has told me that I've had it for Meany years. The monster would cause the damage slowly and in a stealthy way so I've never knew it was the monster, just something I couldn't put my finger on till now.
              The best advise I could give is form a medical team to help manage your monster and this community is great resource and support. You both are not alone here or dealing with this Monster.
              Take Care and Live well
              Duster

Comment

Working...
              X