Patiently waiting...lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patiently waiting...lol

Hello. I am Amy and I am from Arkansas. 3 yrs ago in April I started having weird eye issues. It's like my vision out of the left field of vision would slam back and forth. This would happen at least 3 times a day lasting 30 seconds or so. After about 2 mths it disappeared but a few months later it came back but this time my vision was doubling. I went to the eye doctor who said if it wasn't happening right then there was no way for her to tell what it was. So I blew it off and dealt with it on my own.
    This past May 2012 I had extreme neck pain and abnormal skin sensations all over my body. I also developed a Parkinson like tremor which lasted for 2 months. Was given Neurontin which helped a lot.

That's when I saw a neurologist. After a MRI they found 10 lesions. I had all the necessary blood work to rule everything out and it all came back normal.

Had a painful LP which came back normal. My neuro feels that this is MS. In April I go back for a follow up MRI to check for more lesions. I am almost sure they will find more. I have had 3 what I call episodes since the last MRI. I also developed spasticity in my hips and now take Baclofen.
    I lost my job back in July 2012 and have been unable to find another one. So no insurance, but I have a great Neuro who lets me make payments and has eaten the cost of the MRIs. I want answers like we all do.
    Since there is nothing I can do about it right now I try not to worry. I have good days but have bad days more often.
    So that's a little bit of my story. Thanks in advance for all of your input.
    ** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

It is good you have a cooperative neurologist. Most likely none of your lesions on the first MRI were active so they are waiting to see if there is any change in the MRI in April to prove time and space. Be sure to tell them about your "relapses" if they lasted more than 24 hours. This may also qualify for time and space depending on if you have lasting weakness on exam.

Let us know how the next MRI goes!

Take care and feel better!
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Space and time is exactly what he's checking for. All my relapses lasted at least a week. I have called into his office and told his nurse about them. I have been to my GP about the spasticity and he noticed I have hyperreflexia in both legs. That's about the only long lasting thing I have going on from my last visit to the neuro. Thanks again for your input.

Comment

Working...
      X