New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Hi, I'm new to this site. My husband was diagnosed with MS in October 2011 and since then has suffered 5 relapses. He has been diagnosed with relapsing remitting MS and has so far regained all function after his relapses. In the short time he has had MS he was injecting beta interferon (Rebif) and has recently changed to the new oral medication Gilenya.

Does anyone else take this and can you tell me how you find it?

I still have a lot to learn about MS and my husband is a very get on it with it kind of person and doesn't really let me in on how much it is affecting him or not. he tries to avoid drawing attention to it.

I am interested to find out from other people how you think MS has affected your relationships?

I am also fundraising in support of the MS Trust for my husband by trekking the Great wall of China in September. Anyone who would like to support is more than welcome!

Thanks Kirsty x

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

welcome

Welcome aboard.

Make sure that you check out the medication section of the message boards.

There is a section on Gilenya
    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Hi and welcome! Thank you for supporting the MS cause.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Kirsti, welcome to this site. Lots of information, there is a thread relationships you might look at. Thanks for supporting your husband but take care of your self too. Dale
        Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Hello and Welcome Kirsti!
          When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
          X