Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

Hello to this forum. I joined because it appears to be really active and that's good. My stats: male, 54, Dx at age 50 with PPMS, Although I started limping around at age 48 I did not really notice (seriously, a friend said to me, "dude you're limping!")

In retrospect I had probably had mild symptoms for the prior 8 years at least just never noticed and never had a "RR" type exacerbation (my sister was RRMS at age 24). An orthopedic doctor noted my heavy myoclonus and suspected MS immediately.

It was she who fought with the insurance company for a full spinal MRI, and there they were, 4 lesions (I also have at least 8 brain lesions but they don't seem to affect me in any way).

I have been on Tysabri since 2010 and taking it well and also Ampyra (wiped out the fatigue). I truly consider myself fortunate. Why?

Although I have trouble dressing (buttons!!!) and bathing I still work full time (even though I use a walker), I can drive and travel and I can still scuba dive.

I am a scientist and a total computer nerd (as my name implies) and so most of the lower body weakness problems and balance issues don't stop me from doing what I like to do as long as I stay within my limits.

Oh yes, I see a therapist regularly, really helps. I look forward to reading posts and interacting with other people who have MS.

Hi and welcome.

Hahaha...someone with "button" issues like me. I hate buttoning a shirt now with a numb right hand.
    I also went to shoes with velcro straps since it is so hard tying shoe strings.

I'm 59 and also still working and driving. DX was about 3 years ago, but I can look back to 15 years ago with mild symptoms.

Good site, information, and people here.

Comment

Hi diggstech and welcome to the site. I'm 62 and been dealing with MS for a while. I hope your journey is a smooth one. Take care of your self Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Hello and Welcome Diggstech!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

just started having problems with buttons

shirts and keyboards
          touch type-no-more, two finger typist...slow
          I feel your frustration

Comment

Working...
          X