newbee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbee

Hi I was diagnosed with Primary Progressive Ms a month ago I've been out of work since nov. My diagnosis was a SHOCK I am struggling every day with the loss of my former self. This is the first time I ever joined a forum. I really need to connect with people who are living with MS. I have been reading some of the posts and it is nice to know there are people i can relate to.

Kelann, welcome to this site. I know what you going through it was hard when I was first diagnosed to come to terms with it. It was better when I relaxed, slowed down and stopped trying plan the rest of my life right then. There are a lot of good people who understand. Come back often. Take care Dale
    Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Hello and Welcome Keelan,

Sorry for your MS dx but I'm glad you found us! I know what you mean by losing your former self. I'm living a new reality too and it's quite an adjustment.

By being in this forum, I've realized that other people have settled in to a new lifestyle and seem happy. I imagine we'll get at that same place too.

The shock will dissipate, hang in there! This is the perfect place to vent and learn. The more you learn, the less scary it is. We're all in this together and the support is amazing!
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
      X