Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's always somethin' !!!

Greetings All,
    Just turned a fabulous 48 years of age on February 3 and am in the midst of being worked up for a "demyelinating disorder". Two MRIs, 6 months apart, reveal lesions. S/S including L'lermittes sign, peripheral n/t, ocular and visual changes, and emotional lability have become a way of life for me. The humorous part is that I chose to not seek professional help because I was sure I'd be told "IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD" !!! Humorous now because it IS ALL IN MY HEAD!!! I'm a registered nurse, and as most know, healthcare professionals can be very challenging patients!

I have a follow up appt next Wednesday, and will hopefully be given a firm dx, or scheduled for further testing. This time can certainly be likened to "limbo". Lookin forward to "unlimbo" time very soon.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Hello and Welcome shaden,

Happy Valentine's Day to you too! Being in Limboland is no fun. I'm still there too.

I hope you get your dx at your appointment. Good luck to you, and keep us posted.
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, shaden! Happy V Day along with Happy Birthday greetings! I hope you find answers soon. Sounds like you've got a lot of classic sx. Sounds like you've got a great sense of humor too

We have a great community here and look forward to hearing from you more.

Take care!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Many thanks!

My appreciation for the replies~~~lookin' forward to sharing!!!

Comment

Welcome to MS World, though I'm sorry for the reason. I was going to let you know (and the other limbolanders in this thread ) we have a scheduled chat for those in the diagnostic process every Wednesday night called "Patiently Waiting" where we talk about all kinds of things pertaining to the process, emotionally reactions to what's happening, technical information about what is going in during testing and whatever else people want to share. HuntOp and I tag team host it, and it's a great place to come and vent, share and get information.

Good luck as you traverse the world of testing, doctors and sometimes profound frustration. May your process be a smooth one. We'd love for any of you awaiting diagnosis to join us Wednesday nights at 8 eastern/7 central in the Patiently Waiting room!

Take good care!
          Kim

Comment

Originally posted by shaden65 View Post
            The humorous part is that I chose to not seek professional help because I was sure I'd be told "IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD" !!! Humorous now because it IS ALL IN MY HEAD!!!
            S/S including L'lermittes sign
            Hello shaden and welcome to MSWorld

If you have MS and if you have L'Hermittes sign it's not all in your head

L'Hermittes is not exclusive to MS but when related to this disease it is caused by lesions on the Cervical Spinal Cord.
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hi, I just wanted to say welcome but I hope they find what you have is not M.S. aka the MonSter but something easily treatable and fixable. Once again Welcome!!!
              PEACE

Tortis

Comment

Parachand ute

Hi CaroleL

i MUST apologise for my posts not getting through. It has been quite an ordeal. Finally, and hopefully, it has all been a Blip!!! on my part. Will catch up again soon.
                Take care. x

Comment

Altitude

Greetings!!! Happy day to all!!!
                  In an attempt to 'do my body good', I've recently begun to apply the principles found in "Eat Right For Your Blood Type". I am happy to share that I've seen marked improvements in my overall health~~~physical and psychological. There's even a smart phone app available which makes shopping easy! Hope to hear your thoughts/experiences!!!

Comment

Hi Shaden65, I just wanted to drop by to say welcome. Your right attitude is a big part of the journey and it looks like you have a good one. Take care Dale
                    Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

HAPPY THURSDAY!!!

GREETINGS!!!

JUST A QUICK UPDATE FROM THE VISIT WITH THE NEUROLOGIST YESTERDAY.

"I'M NOT GOING TO SAY YOU DO, AND I'M NOT GOING TO SAY YOU DON'T HAVE MS, BUT JUST GET BACK WITH ME WHEN YOU WAKE AND ARE BLIND IN ONE EYE AND WE'LL GET ANOTHER SCAN TO SEE WHAT'S GOING ON". (PARAPHRASED)

HOW ABOUT THAT~~~LOOKS LIKE I'LL BE ACCOMPANYING YOU A BIT LONGER IN "LIMBOLAND". WHEN DOES THE ROLLERCOASTER RIDE COME TO AN END? I'M ALL IN FAVOR OF AMUSEMENT PARKS, AND GOOD COMPANY, BUT........

ANYWAY, THE WEEKEND IS ALMOST HERE AND I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO A LITTLE BIT OF NEUROLOGICAL DECOMPRESSION TIME, SOME GOOD FOOD AND PERHAPS SOME RETAIL THERAPY.

AN OBSERVATION~~~AT TIMES MY BRAIN FEELS LIKE IT'S ON FIRE~~~ANY THOUGHTS???

it IS always something.....

Comment

Shaden, I'm so sorry your Neuro appointment went like that. I know it's difficult, I'm in the same place. I'd probably switch neurologists if I were you.
                        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Thanks CaroleL. I have my medical records including hard copies of my MRI, and could seek out a second or third opinion, but I think I'd do well to save my insurance the trouble of doctor~hopping. Something is going on but I have to remain productive and maintain my employability. The show must go on!!!

Thanks. Mucho!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X