Mrs Paula Russell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs Paula Russell

Hi, My Name is Paula, I'm married to George, have one Daughter, married to Rob, I'm a Grandmother to Emily, who will be 2 years old at the end of March. Our Daughter Sarah, and our Son-in-Law, Rob live in Pocklington, York. George & I try to see them as often as we can, as they both work, it's not easy. Sarah is a Textile/Art Tutor, she works 3 full days on week, and 4 the following week. Emily goes to Nursery twice a week, a loves it.

I was diagnosed with RRMS in 1990, 6 years ago, was diagnosed with Secondary Progressive MS. I am abled bodied, but get fatgiued very easily. I have a wheelchair, use it as and when. Maybe should use it alot more, then I would not feel so tired when I go out shopping. As my Neuro tells me, " Pride comes before a fall "

Well thats about me at the moment, I'd love to hear about others, I am on Facebook if any one is interested............I do have quite a number of friends there which I keep in contact with.: Keep Smiling. Paula x

Hello and welcome Paula!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi Paula and welcome to the site. I was also dxed with SPMS a few years ago and have a wheel chair that I use all the time. Hope you find this site as helpful as I have. Take care Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Hi Paula, To bad its because of the MonSter striking again. Welcome and it sounds like you will be able to help us as much as we help you. Old wore out saying that there is strength in numbers. I have also graduated to SPMS, this is one course I wish I had failed but if anyone thinks they have it really bad, just look around and there's always somebody way worse. Once again Welcome!
        PEACE

Tortis

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, Paula~ It's nice to meet you. I am SP also and use a cane, trekking poles, rollator walker, and transport chair depending on circumstances. Oh the joys of these tools

Using the transport chair or one of those motorized scooters that some stores have to use became a necessity for me while shopping. I resisted for a long time, but when I started using them I was elated - I could shop longer and spend more $ - maybe that was a bad idea? lol

Anyway, we're glad you found us. We have a great community here. Hope you share lots with us, so come back often!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

All who have replied.

I am very pleased to have been welcomed by some people on this site. It has taken me quite sometime to get into this site, maybe I've been doing something wrong.
            I am happy that I will be at last meeting people alot loke muself, I do hope you will help me in my plight, as I am unsure if I get into my wheelchair, I will come to rely on it.
            Please can you help me.....

Paula.
            x

Comment

Paula,

It's important to keep your muscles healthy and active, but it's also important not to overexert yourself. Especially while shopping, etc.

Wheelchairs are not addictive, lol. You'll only depend on it if you stop being active and lose the muscles you do have.

There is no problem using it when you need to. Don't feel bad about it.

I am basically bedridden now but I use my wheelchair to go to bathroom, etc. I can't stay much longer than about 1/2 hour at a time, but I sure am glad to have it when I need it. I love sitting at the window!

Comment

Paula, I've been a wheel chair for 3 years now and like you I was afraid of making the transition. It became obvious that to retain mobility I needed make the move. I now try to think of chair as a tool that is necessary to get around. I think I've accepted it but sometimes still get frustrated. Take care Dale
                Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Paula.

Am I thick or what ? I don't seem top be able to work at this, a few people have sent me messages, but can I fathom it all out. I must be having a BIG Senior moment.........Please could someone explain it too me. Honestly, I'm really not that THICK.............SORRY.

Paula.

Comment

Originally posted by CaroleL View Post
                    Hello and welcome Paula!
                    Hi CaroleL Hello to you too, also Thank you for the welcome..........As I'm new to this site, I'm finding everything abit difficult............I wonder if you could give me the " run down " on how things work.........
                    Thanks.
                    Paula

Comment

My welcome.

Originally posted by dalechilders51 View Post
                      Paula, I've been a wheel chair for 3 years now and like you I was afraid of making the transition. It became obvious that to retain mobility I needed make the move. I now try to think of chair as a tool that is necessary to get around. I think I've accepted it but sometimes still get frustrated. Take care Dale
                      Thank you for my welcome, I am so interested to learn and meet friends, who are like myself. Frustration is one of my most feelings, not being able to do alot of what we all did before. This is because, the Monster has taken alot of our freedom away. But we can but tryto overcome somethings, how! I'm not too sure. Take care Paula

Comment

Hi Paula,

I'm still new at this too! Lol, I've only been here a few weeks.

I usually click at the top on message boards. Then you can click on different forums. Unusually the stuff marked in bold are the newest ones. You'll get used to it soon enough.

Just click and see where you end up, lol, that's what I did. No matter where you end up, I'm sure you'll be learning something new.

It takes a while to get used to it so don't feel bad, you're not alone. Whenever you write a post, it may take a while for it to appear. Nmoderators go through posts before posting it. If they are busy it may take a little longer. They are all volunteers, very nice ones too!

Good luck... And happy surfing!

Comment

Hopefully, be back soon.

It has taken me awhile to get the hang of this, Thick I must be. Now at the moment, I am in bed with a Disc problem, which is akong standing problem for me. Must now wait until I'm feeling alot better and able to use the PC. Hope you will all be patient with me, I'll be back soon.
                          Take care. love Paula.

Comment

Parachand ute

Hi, to all who have sent me messages. Hope you all do not think I've not bothered to reply.
                            It has taken me quite some time to get through all this red tape. Each time I've logged on, they told me my Username or Password was wrong.
                            Weeks later, guess what, I entered without any bother!!! do you think the weather has anything to do with it? lol
                            I do hope that I will now be able to answer everyone who has sent me messages.
                            Give me time, I'll get there !!!
                            x

Comment

Working...
                            X